Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
I have a beautiful AHR Custom in 375 H&H. I took this to Mozambique in September 2018, it is a well proven DG or PG Safari rifle. I didn't do much load development because it shot everything really well, especially likes 300 gr TSX at 2475 fps, very accurate rifle. Feed and function is flawless, even with flat nose solid seated just off the lands, the spacious CZ magazine will allow this. Stocked with some of Wayne's excellent stash of English, 13 7/8 length of pull, beautiful straight grain and contrast. Will hold 5 down if needed. Jeweled Bolt with Straight bolt handle and nice scroll engraving. Glass and pillar bedded, AHR lug, 2 cross bolts and barrel is floated. Metal guncote, 25" Barrel with AHR sight's, one leaf on the rear and hooded front, plus everything else AHR does to one. I will try and get some better photo's up or if you pm me I can text some photo's and answer ?'s. $3535 delivered to your FFL in AHR box that it came with, SCOPE NOT INCLUDED

IMG_2538.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG
SJVJ1387.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Another view, this is a very nice safari ready rifle, Wayne did a once over on it before my Safari. I am going to go with a 2 gun Safari (416/338) on my next couple trips that are planned so I wouldn't be using it for a few years.

That’s less than the price of the upgrade! Pretty good deal for someone looking for a gussied up 550!

Very nice and very functional rifle.

Someone will get a good one!

Gorgeous rifle, hope it sells quickly for you!

Thanks for the compliment's folks. I really do have good intention's of using these big rifles more but I just don't get them shot that much. I didn't get this one out till August to work up a few load's, which I did with about 10-15 shots. My point is someone else just as well get some use out it or it will just sit in the safe.

Look at that wood!

Smoking deal. That’s the #3 upgrade with the gun thrown in for free.

Wow, beautiful rifle! Good luck sir!

Come on guys, I know it is the Christmas Season and funds might be short, but this deal is too good to pass up. If I didn't have two 375 H&H(s) I'd be jumping all over this.

Come on guys, I know it is the Christmas Season and funds might be short, but this deal is too good to pass up. If I didn't have two 375 H&H(s) I'd be jumping all over this.

Agreed. I have a #3 with synthetic stock. Wayne does it right!

Sale pending, will know for sure this afternoon

Reactions: WAB
An inch at a half at 200 yards. Sub MOA at 100. One of the most accurate guns I own if I do my job.

That's awesome, I have had 2 of Wayne's upgraded rifles shot very well!! Did you make it on a Buff hunt this year, I remember you where looking

If it only had the bolt on the "right" side. Nice Rifle!

That's awesome, I have had 2 of Wayne's upgraded rifles shot very well!! Did you make it on a Buff hunt this year, I remember you where looking

Wayne also did quite a bit of work on my RSM in .458 Lott. He's currently building a .243 Winchester for me based on a Cold War era BRNO zkk 601 action he located. It should be done sometime around May or June. Going old-school with it - wood stock, bluing, etc. Plan on it being a dedicated pronghorn gun. AHR does great work.

Buffalo - I didn't make it this year and it's not looking good for 2019 either. My wife and I both travel quite a bit for work and we have a son at home that is too young to take to Africa. Carving out 10 to 14 days without my wife and kiddo is a tall order right now. I'm hoping for 2020 but you never know. My only hunt this year is week after next - cow elk in AZ 7W.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg