Elephant Hunt

40 lbs in Zim is not a problem if you are in the right place. 50 is never a given but can be found. I got a 50 in October in Zim near Hwange Park. There were several 40's around and a bunch of younger bulls. The one I took was the biggest from that area in several years. You can really swing the results in your favor by hunting certain areas but I think it's reasonable to aim for 40 lbs and with a little luck, something bigger!

The other guys have said it already but you can definitely import from Zim IF your outfitter and area are setup for it and offering exportable tags. I went through Conservation Force and the application has already been submitted with the collaboration of CF and the outfitter to get the paperwork done. Backlog is about 1 year right now for approval on ivory applications from Zim.

Also, I would be happy to discuss any of this with you offline if needed. Just reach out. I like to help others book good hunts and recently helped several guys book their first elephant hunts.

40 lbs in Zim is not a problem if you are in the right place. 50 is never a given but can be found. I got a 50 in October in Zim near Hwange Park. There were several 40's around and a bunch of younger bulls. The one I took was the biggest from that area in several years. You can really swing the results in your favor by hunting certain areas but I think it's reasonable to aim for 40 lbs and with a little luck, something bigger!

The other guys have said it already but you can definitely import from Zim IF your outfitter and area are setup for it and offering exportable tags. I went through Conservation Force and the application has already been submitted with the collaboration of CF and the outfitter to get the paperwork done. Backlog is about 1 year right now for approval on ivory applications from Zim.
Awesome response for Zim where I hunted elephant but obviously not in the right place for larger bull opportunities although not hunting this past year for a trophy bull like i am this year. I would take the latest posters experience “to the bank” as we say in the US. I can assure you pretty much anything in Zim will be less expensive than Botswana based on my research and hunts

Ndumo Safaris / Karl Stumpfe in the Caprivi!

I sent you a PM

Zim is feasible for what you’re looking for and cheaper than Botswana, and Namibia.

You might also want to consider Zambia. Lots of great options there but will be more than Zim. It will likely be inline with RSA, and cheaper than Namibia or Botswana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and unless I have been misinformed and things have recently changed, you might not want to consider Zimbabwe. They have been on the USFWS radar for awhile and importation into the US has not been possible for many years. Sure, they are exportable from Zim, but importable into the US, well that is another issue.
The permit for my 2023 Zim elephant was issued a month ago - Conservation Force.

Still waiting on 2022 Botswana elephant.

Dear Kudubull

Hope all is well. We offer elephant safaris in Botswana and Namibia.
Please feel free to contact us at magdel@gametrackersafrica.com
Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonathanG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.