DSC and SCI 2023- Who's going?

DSC for me. I explored the option of attending SCI, but the price just to get in everyday was a deal killer.
I also plan on attending the AH dinner, along with my oldest daughter.

DSC. Has SCI released their vendor list yet? Everyone I want to see is already registered for DSC.

DSC on Friday for sure (and maybe another day as well), and plan on going to Nashville to attend SCI for the first time.

Both DSC plus the AH dinner, then off to Nashville for the SCI. This will be my first SCI convention now that it is out of Nevada.

Well, I was going. I had work by zoom Thursday and Friday mornings. Now, I was just reassigned to work in person all day Thursday and Friday. Not sure it’s worth the drive or flight.

The Mrs and I will be at SCI. She’s a big Lee Brice fan so I’m not sure we will make the AH Dinner??

I will be at DSC Friday (AH dinner) and Saturday. Ill be at SCI all week. I hope some of you will catch up with me there!

Well, I was going. I had work by zoom Thursday and Friday mornings. Now, I was just reassigned to work in person all day Thursday and Friday. Not sure it’s worth the drive or flight.
Two words. Green Screen.

Finally got my health back....kinda, sorta with AZDAVE !

Trying to make plans to attend DSC for the first time. Any suggestions for lodging other than whatever isnt booked up at this point? Correct assumption that a rental car isnt needed, and can just uber/Lyft around?

Trying to make plans to attend DSC for the first time. Any suggestions for lodging other than whatever isnt booked up at this point? Correct assumption that a rental car isnt needed, and can just uber/Lyft around?

Uber/Lyft will get you anywhere you want to go..

Most everything downtown is going to be booked at this point and rates will be double their normal nightly rate…

I’d recommend looking at hotels in the Medical City area… there’s everything from select service hotels like Courtyard Marriott to full service hotels (Westin, Marriott, etc) in the area.. you’re right on 75 so it’s a straight shot 15 minute ride to DSC, and there will still be plenty of rooms available at reasonable rates. …

If you come to DSC, I strongly recommend you attend the AH dinner… it’s always an excellent time… and if you’re in town early enough, we’re having an event out in Allen Thursday night that’s shaping up to be a good time…

Uber/Lyft will get you anywhere you want to go..

Most everything downtown is going to be booked at this point and rates will be double their normal nightly rate…

I’d recommend looking at hotels in the Medical City area… there’s everything from select service hotels like Courtyard Marriott to full service hotels (Westin, Marriott, etc) in the area.. you’re right on 75 so it’s a straight shot 15 minute ride to DSC, and there will still be plenty of rooms available at reasonable rates. …

If you come to DSC, I strongly recommend you attend the AH dinner… it’s always an excellent time… and if you’re in town early enough, we’re having an event out in Allen Thursday night that’s shaping up to be a good time…
Thanks, I'll start looking at getting things booked. If we come (95% sure), we will definitely be at the AH dinner.

How many days at the show would you guys recommend for a first timer? Have a few Africa specific things I want to look into but also just would like to see what there is to see and enjoy it

Thanks, I'll start looking at getting things booked. If we come (95% sure), we will definitely be at the AH dinner.

How many days at the show would you guys recommend for a first timer? Have a few Africa specific things I want to look into but also just would like to see what there is to see and enjoy it

You can walk the entire floor of DSC and "see" everything in a single day.. but if you plan on really shopping (whether for hunts or for gear/rifles/etc) I'd recommend planning on at least 2 days to walk the floor... Spending time with outfitters or rifle manufacturers to discuss particulars can eat up a good bit of your day, not to mention the people you want to speak with might be busy with other clients/customers at the time you initially approach their booth.. Its a very busy show with lots going on from the moment the doors open in the morning until the moment they close each evening..

For me personally.. I prefer to check things out on Thursday and Sunday (not a great option for folks traveling in from out of town).. The floor is less busy on those two days... On Thursday its a lot easier to check in with outfitters, spend some quality time chatting with folks, etc and start to get a good idea on what you might really be shopping for, etc.. That then gives me a couple of days to put together apples to apples comparisons, consider any/all factors that might influence my purchase decision (most DSC purchases for me at least are pretty big financial commitments whether Im buying a hunt, planning on bidding on a large(ish) auction item, or looking to pick up a nice piece of kit/gear).. and then by Sunday, you'll find quite a few vendors willing to make some excellent deals on things... For example I picked up an aimpoint optic a few years back during the last few hours of the show for about 50% of MSRP.. I picked up a sightmark wraith NV optic 2 years ago for about $150 cheaper than anywhere I had ever seen them prior on their best sale price, etc..etc.. by buying in the last couple of hours of the show..

The downside to waiting until Sunday afternoon to make purchase decisions is... gear vendors may or may not have what you're wanting still available by then (may have sold out on that item).. and outfitters may have already booked the dates you wanted, etc..

Try Westin Downtown. I'm staying there and they still have rooms if booked thru DSC website.

I would really love to, unlikely however.

Would love to see pics of VC's booth, if anyone happens to stop by.

I have a newbie question. My wife and I are going to attend both Friday and Saturday night dinner/auction/entertainment. What is the usual dress code?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!