Does any Safari leading company offer senior citizen rates?

At 69 you are running out of time if you do not have a date yet. Fair chase hunts are not a walk in the park. The pic below is me just before I turned 66 after a 15km hike in the bush by 10:30AM. Hopefully, I will still be able to do those when I turn 70+.

View attachment 502445
I’m 63 and my goal is identical to Tanks. People think I’m crazy when they see me climbing mountains with my hunting clothes and steel bar but keeping in shape like this hopefully will let me continue to hunt Africa into my 70’s. My goal is not to have my PH alter my hunt because I can’t keep up. Simple to say harder to do…work!

I’m 63 and my goal is identical to Tanks. People think I’m crazy when they see me climbing mountains with my hunting clothes and steel bar but keeping in shape like this hopefully will let me continue to hunt Africa into my 70’s. ...
Not to mention living through your 70s by having a healthy lifestyle. ;)

I don't see where the harm is in asking if there is a senior discount. If the question is never asked, we will never know. If outfitters can offer, greenhorn, father & son, cull hunts, etc. Maybe there is room to offer a senior discounted hunt? Not everyone who is retired may be in the best financial or health situation of their life. Some of those are on fixed income and may be looking to go to Africa for the first and only time.

I know there are opportunities out there, and I've been one of those who took advantage of those deals and was able to hunt certain animals due to the great deals found on this forum. It took me almost 10 years of savings to make this year's dream a reality.

To those outfitters who reached out to the OP, thank you for considering his request.

@PARA45
I see your point but I don't think it's specifically a senior citizen discount.

In Australia if you have a seniors card it might give you subsidised travel or club membership, seniors meals at same club. Seniors group tours travel is probably not discounted but more a package to meet market requirements and tailored to a budget friendly itinerary.

I'm sure outfitters here can tailor a package and name it what you like but don't expect the royal service when you tailor a cheaper package.

Can always ask for quotes and see what you can negotiate.

A senior rate. I like the idea but do not see the economic advantage to the outfitter.In my younger days with raising children and all the commitments associated with family life the African hunting resources did not exist. Now as an older adult with fewer financial commitments it would seem that a higher percentage of hunters would be able to hunt the dark continent. It would make sense from an economic standpoint to offer discounts to those individuals who have less resources such as father/son hunts. I am always in favor of paying less for anything. From a cost standpoint I do not eat as much as I once did but my consumption of high end alcohol has increased. I can offer the wisdom that comes with age but most will not see the value of that.

Come ....the alcohol isn't a problem :A Thumbs Up: :D Beers::D Beers:

If you visit the Kimberly Diamond Mine and are a "pensioner", IIRC, 60 or over, you can get a discount.
When I visited, the kind ladies at the table selling tickets, asked me if I was a pensioner. "Huh? A yeah, I'm on a pension". I guess that answer and some gray hairs satisfied her. I got the cheaper ticket.
e-big-grin.gif

Baby boomers...millennials....I honestly haven't a clue what all that shite means.....me am fkn neanderthal....in everyone's genetics...so fk the thems....theys etc etc etc.....as I get totally fkn confused when in a news article they start taking about a single muppet as they or we or fk knows....fkn arseholes :E Shrug: :Finger:

Older chart, it's three years light. Someone born in 1946 would be 76 this year.
1669689330851.png

@PARA45
I see your point but I don't think it's specifically a senior citizen discount.

In Australia if you have a seniors card it might give you subsidised travel or club membership, seniors meals at same club. Seniors group tours travel is probably not discounted but more a package to meet market requirements and tailored to a budget friendly itinerary.

I'm sure outfitters here can tailor a package and name it what you like but don't expect the royal service when you tailor a cheaper package.

Can always ask for quotes and see what you can negotiate.
Would the less expensive package be as if one was really hunting, living in tents, cooking over a campfire etc?

Would the less expensive package be as if one was really hunting, living in tents, cooking over a campfire etc?
Probably not, I think there are tented Camp options with all the trimmings that cost a fair bit more than an established game ranch scenario.

I've only been once and that was a cull hunt because I specified that and the rate was good but I still had good food and daily washing.

If you want to camp and hunt Africa on a budget I would suggest asking if a local can assist you. They might still need to pay access I'm not sure if there is public land. Take a chance and meet new friends

My understanding is that locals can pay for a meat hunt on private property.

I've hunted with one member here in Australia, we spoke online, some random tried to friend me on Facebook so I stalked the profile to find it was the same dude. All good we spoke on the phone planned a date.

Text messages on the day and we met on the side of the road and went to the site.
He turned on the drizzly Victorian weather for me we hunted camped and parted company 2 days later. New friends , good times.

Different South African and Namibian game ranches specialize in creating any number of "African" ambiences. Probably the most common representation of the "classic" safari is a tent pitched on a concrete slab with ensuite amenities. Drinks will be around a fire, and an excellent meal will be served at the table in the thatched roof common area. This, for many, can be a very enjoyable first experience in Africa.

Interestingly, a true wilderness camp will typically be found at the the opposite end of the investment scale. Setting up and staffing a camp annually in a wilderness concession is a very expensive proposition for the concession owner. Those costs naturally are reflected in the cost of the hunt. Even there, British safari conventions tend to be the norm, with a wonderful meal served with a good wine on a tablecloth.

I can understand that stationary hospitality is easier to facilitate than a remote camp. Ironic that one pays more for less convenience.

One pays for the experience.

I think those opportunities are going to become harder to find in time but it would be an amazing experience.

I have grand visions of what it might have been like in the golden era and would like to hunt from a tented camp.

One pays for the experience.

I think those opportunities are going to become harder to find in time but it would be an amazing experience.

I have grand visions of what it might have been like in the golden era and would like to hunt from a tented camp.
Still several truly wild quality adventures to be had on location in Africa.
My very best Always
Jaco

I don't see where the harm is in asking if there is a senior discount. If the question is never asked, we will never know. If outfitters can offer, greenhorn, father & son, cull hunts, etc. Maybe there is room to offer a senior discounted hunt? Not everyone who is retired may be in the best financial or health situation of their life. Some of those are on fixed income and may be looking to go to Africa for the first and only time.

I know there are opportunities out there, and I've been one of those who took advantage of those deals and was able to hunt certain animals due to the great deals found on this forum. It took me almost 10 years of savings to make this year's dream a reality.

To those outfitters who reached out to the OP, thank you for considering his request.
would be nice if he replied

I can understand that stationary hospitality is easier to facilitate than a remote camp. Ironic that one pays more for less convenience.
have sent you dm's , maybe a reply would be good

Different South African and Namibian game ranches specialize in creating any number of "African" ambiences. Probably the most common representation of the "classic" safari is a tent pitched on a concrete slab with ensuite amenities. Drinks will be around a fire, and an excellent meal will be served at the table in the thatched roof common area. This, for many, can be a very enjoyable first experience in Africa.

Interestingly, a true wilderness camp will typically be found at the the opposite end of the investment scale. Setting up and staffing a camp annually in a wilderness concession is a very expensive proposition for the concession owner. Those costs naturally are reflected in the cost of the hunt. Even there, British safari conventions tend to be the norm, with a wonderful meal served with a good wine on a tablecloth.
or some operations like tallyho are somewhere in the middle
nice thatch chalets, good bed, good hot shower, dine in the "lapa" under the stars every night next to the fire
great meals and drinks of your choice!!!

the true wilderness camps are very expensive to set up each year due to the remote nature.

hunting season is short but costs dont stop out of season, this is for all operations

Never worry about what your first African hunt will cost. It is the ones that follow that tend to get expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross