Dip and Pack Suggestions

traviselmore

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hey Guys,

I'm headed to hunt in the Eastern Cape in March. I have been using Paul Smith at Relive Taxidermy for my dip and pack, but he is not able to take any animals at this time. So I am looking for suggestions on a fair price and reputable Dip and Pack Company.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Not able to take animals? Bizarre.

Not sure of the logistics, but Swift Dip in Limpopo has been good to work with for my last shipment. Dennis Harris recommended them to me.

The Eastern Cape is a large area.

I used and would recommend Hunters & Collectors in Port Elizabeth.

DO NOT use African wildlife artistry! First time I used them they were great the next time a paperwork and attitude nightmare! I suggest that you work with taxidermist Dennis Harris and seek his advice.

The Eastern Cape is a large area.

I used and would recommend Hunters & Collectors in Port Elizabeth.

+1

I used Hunters and Collectors a couple of years ago and the D&P took about 3 months and then Rex Freight did the shipment. I used Coppersmith in the US and made one payment to them and they handled Rex Freight's charges.

+1

I used Hunters and Collectors a couple of years ago and the D&P took about 3 months and then Rex Freight did the shipment. I used Coppersmith in the US and made one payment to them and they handled Rex Freight's charges.

+1 on Rex freight they are a family run business and excellent communication and service. In fact they saved my last shipment from getting seized as African wildlife artistry had the wrong permits, wrong animals, just a total mess up in crate they caught it told me before they shipped so I could have some BIG FUN, NOT with the PH and African wildlife artistry who are lying snakes!

I would NOT recommend Trophy Solution Africa from Polokwane in Limpopo. They have drilled and attached tags on the tips/ivory of all horns: kudu, nyala, sable, impala, blesbuck, etc. Very disappointing.

I agree on hunters and collectors, heard only good things about Kevin. I used Splitting image for my last dip/pack had issues with my buffalo cape. I had Paul at Relive do two trophies for me, never again!

Hi Travis!

We would be happy to help you with shipping as well as your customs clearances here in the US. I am available by phone any time if you have questions or need help with shipping!

Tom

As a taxidermist I have personally used 7 different places for D&P and Swift Dip has done the best for me, they are located in Thabazimbi Limpopo.

I shouldn't have posted a new thread for dip and pack. Have do hunters and collectors bleach the skulls?? Mind you Ill be hunting in the Kalahari so a long way to go. I think swift dip might be a better option due to location.

I have used Swift Dip for my last three safaris with no complaints from me or my taxidermist!

Not able to take animals? Bizarre.

I don't think he likes doing D&P, just my opinion . I used him for taxidermy on one trip, but when I went back and was going to use him for D&P only and have the work done in the States he wasn't interested in doing all of it and his suggestions would have been convenient for him and expensive for me. So... I went elsewhere .

I shouldn't have posted a new thread for dip and pack. Have do hunters and collectors bleach the skulls?? Mind you Ill be hunting in the Kalahari so a long way to go. I think swift dip might be a better option due to location.

Where in the Kalahari? I used Game Over Taxidermy in Kimberly, very reasonable and according to Dennis the skins were great.

Where in the Kalahari? I used Game Over Taxidermy in Kimberly, very reasonable and according to Dennis the skins were great.
Tosca

Incredible how Relive Taxidermy can now some how be choosy on the type of business he takes in. Dip/pack is what I believe the majority of hunters ask for with the work going back to the states or possibly Europe. Maybe I am wrong but one thing I do know he will never get a good recommendation from me or any further business.

Incredible how Relive Taxidermy can now some how be choosy on the type of business he takes in. Dip/pack is what I believe the majority of hunters ask for with the work going back to the states or possibly Europe. Maybe I am wrong but one thing I do know he will never get a good recommendation from me or any further business.
Thanks for the heads up Johnny

I hunted the Eastern Cape earlier this year and Hunters & Collectors did my dip/ship. Everything arrived in good order and they worked extra-hard for me when an error was discovered with my paperwork. I've seen varied opinions on them, but they did right by me. A buddy just returned from Limpopo a month ago and is using Swift Dip. Their price for 7 animals was under $900 for what it's worth. I've heard nothing but good things about them so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg