Damn you dave!!!!!!

mdwest

AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 20, 2016
Messages
10,461
Reaction score
59,406
Location
DFW
Media
55
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
7
Mex/S.Amer
1
Europe
2
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
DSC Life Member, SCI, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru, New Zealand, Croatia
@AZDAVE is a bad influence....

ask me how I know....


























IMG_4692_zpsuyamfntu.jpg



The next package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow... timney trigger, warne bases, warne QD rings, express sights, and 50 pieces of norma 416 taylor brass...

another custom mauser build begins... :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4692_zpsuyamfntu.jpg
    IMG_4692_zpsuyamfntu.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
@AZDAVE is a bad influence....

ask me how I know....

Now now we can’t blame others......


























IMG_4692_zpsuyamfntu.jpg



The next package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow... timney trigger, warne bases, warne QD rings, express sights, and 50 pieces of norma 416 taylor brass...

another custom mauser build begins... :)
 
Good work Dave, one less 416 Taylor that can fall into evil hands!
 
Around my neck of the woods, that's called "flinging a craving" on someone.
 
2 years ago the biggest caliber rifle I ever thought I needed was a 300 WM..

This place taught me the error of my ways.. and within just a few weeks I was seeking out a nice 375 H&H to add to the collection...

I swore after I purchased that rifle that it would be the only "big" bore I would ever need.. Im a pretty practical person.. I couldnt see me buying (or, in this case.. building) anything bigger.. I mean.. what exactly do I need anything bigger than a 375 H&H for????? I dont live in Alaska.. and on the infrequent occasion I find myself wanting to shoot a brown bear, cape buffalo, or one of those horrible TX ground squirrels.. I've got the 375....

Then along comes @AZDAVE ....

Sigh.....

This is all his fault....

:D
 
Then there are those pesky doubles after this!
 
2 years ago the biggest caliber rifle I ever thought I needed was a 300 WM..

This place taught me the error of my ways.. and within just a few weeks I was seeking out a nice 375 H&H to add to the collection...

I swore after I purchased that rifle that it would be the only "big" bore I would ever need.. Im a pretty practical person.. I couldnt see me buying (or, in this case.. building) anything bigger.. I mean.. what exactly do I need anything bigger than a 375 H&H for????? I dont live in Alaska.. and on the infrequent occasion I find myself wanting to shoot a brown bear, cape buffalo, or one of those horrible TX ground squirrels.. I've got the 375....

Then along comes @AZDAVE ....

Sigh.....

This is all his fault....

:D

Keep up the good work @AZDAVE!
 
No reason to curse Dave, but he was the source of my interest and eventual purchase of a Simson & Co Suhl .405 double rifle.
No regrets.
Keep up the good work Dave!
 
I wouldn't say there are BAD influences on this site, just costly ones.:LOL:
 
Congrats, on the new caliber!
 
Thank you kind sir @mdwest those are the kindest words of complement you can provide to these ears:A Smoke:

At some point I will convince you that two barrels are better than just one. Like say a nice Christmas present for your wife:A Outta:
 
At some point I will convince you that two barrels are better than just one. Like say a nice Christmas present FROM your wife

Fixed it for you... :)
 
Also just remember that one man's bad influence is another's enabler!
 
@mdwest
Fixed it for you... :)

Well how kind you will be receiving a double from your wife to match the one you are giving her such a nice set of presents. Might I sugest a nice 9.3x74 for your wife and have her get you a 470NE. If you make it to AZ I can let you shoot a couple to help with your decisions.
 
@mdwest


Well how kind you will be receiving a double from your wife to match the one you are giving her such a nice set of presents. Might I sugest a nice 9.3x74 for your wife and have her get you a 470NE. If you make it to AZ I can let you shoot a couple to help with your decisions.
How very kind of you.
And tricky...tricky...tricky...
You are truly a great help to us all, with the exception of our bank accounts.

Cheers.
 
@AZDAVE is a bad influence....

ask me how I know....


























IMG_4692_zpsuyamfntu.jpg



The next package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow... timney trigger, warne bases, warne QD rings, express sights, and 50 pieces of norma 416 taylor brass...

another custom mauser build begins... :)
I don't know the details, but I know!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,571,695
Members
169,398
Latest member
EXLDarcy51
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top