Custom CZ550 idea

with the .500 nitro being rimmed not sure what problems/expense that would cause in a build but wouldnt have thought it would be cheap. maybe try looking for one of those heyms, as maybe in the end the cost wouldnt be much different by the time you had a cz converted. sure one of the people with gunsmithing experience will come up with more info as to whether its feasible.

I keep hearing everyone say that rimmed cartridges dont feed well in bolt actions but Ive never heard of problems with them feeding 7.62x54R but I will look into the heym. :D

.303 works fine as well. the only thing i found was the new made nitro ammo cases had a slight indent ring running around where the tube of the case joins the base and this is the same size as the rim , so when the rounds were on top of each other in the mag with the rim in front of the case under it, it would hang up as the rim fit perfectly into that indentation in the lower case and stuck . hope that made sense......i had some original kynoch ammo which didnt have the indentation and loaded 2 of those as they didnt hook up on each other, and then a new made round on top as it was the only way to use the new stuff.........

I don't need any of them I have a 458lott just would like a 500ne but can't afford any of the doubles I've seen

I don't need any of them I have a 458lott just would like a 500ne but can't afford any of the doubles I've seen

I think the Ruger single shot action is large enough to accommodate the dimensions of the .500 NE.
It it is fact strong enough for sure anyway.

There can be enough challenges to get a 505 to feed through a CZ, I can't imagine what headaches a 500 NE would bring. They tell me that mine is fixed but still need to test fire it and ship it home. fingers crossed!

If your ok with a single shot, I think the V Dog has your best solution.

If you have a reliable 458 that you like for serious hunting and you just want to play, single shot or keep watching for a deal on a double. Never know what might pop up?

Or let @matt85 talk you into a 585 bolt gun! Might be a lot cheaper and very unique.

Just wait a bit and @matt85 will be along shortly, get you all straightened away and before you know it you will be dreaming of shooting bowling balls from a shoulder fired bolt gun.

Just wait a bit and @matt85 will be along shortly, get you all straightened away and before you know it you will be dreaming of shooting bowling balls from a shoulder fired bolt gun.

you called?

the answer to your searching is the 585 Hubel Express. basically its a giant 458 Lott that uses .585" projectiles. it will throw a 750gr bullet at pretty much any speed you want (up to 2800fps). i plan to use the cartridge to duplicate the 577 NE 3" cartridge by loading it to 2050-2100 fps. for more details on the cartridge you can take a look at this http://www.cncguns.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=9891

if you want to speak with Mr. Hubel directly, open a private chat with me and i will give you his contact info.

-matt

If you dont mind me asking what is the entry price on one of these bad boys.

Royal27 I think I am fine yet I only have 2 big bore rifles and 2 big bore revolvers.

first allow me to say this... if your asking how much it would cost to get a rifle in 585 HE, then you will fit in just fine on the big bore addiction thread.

as far as price goes, it depends who builds you the rifle. American Hunting Rifles builds extremely nice guns on CZ actions for around $6000. you could have any number of big bore gunsmiths build you a rifle with Mr. Hubel's provided barrels.

here is a snippet from a sales flier for his cartridge:

We are currently offering a special package deal:
-A barrel chambered in 585 HE.
-A complete CH4D die set for the 585 HE.
-100 new Bertram brass 585 HE cases.
ALL FOR ONLY $750.00 with FREE shipping!
(If you provide a suitable action we can also mount, profile, and headspace for an additional $200.)

this deal is still available and you can use any action that would be big enough for the 505 Gibbs cartridge.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonardoOy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….