Covid vaccine

Do you get any kind of a vaccination card that might make travel easier?

Got a card with the CDC seal that gives the date of the vaccination and the vaccine lot number. They will update it when I get the second dose. Hopefully that will suffice with the airlines, et al. I would guess we will eventually have some sort of laminated or plastic “get out of jail”cards after vaccination.

Got a card with the CDC seal that gives the date of the vaccination and the vaccine lot number. They will update it when I get the second dose. Hopefully that will suffice with the airlines, et al. I would guess we will eventually have some sort of laminated or plastic “get out of jail”cards after vaccination.
If you have a yellow international shot record, I would assume they would update it like any other vaccination as well?

I am sure they would. The entries on them are hand written so I don’t know how they hold up in this digital world. I haven’t seen mine since I came back from the sandbox in 91.

How were you eligible?
I got my first dose of the Pfizer Covid vaccine 16 December. No problems. Next dose 1st week of January. I would encourage all of you to follow suit as soon as you are eligible.

KooDoo69...................here's hoping that common side effects pass you by.: Loss of vision, impotence, and explosive diarrhea being the ones hunters hate most:ROFLMAO: Oh well....there's no free lunch................best of luck........FWB....

I plan on taking when available, reason one is I work in retail around people all day, two to make travel easier for 2021 Safari.
Vaccine is only good for 6 months so I would not get it, that is if you insist on getting it, until just before your trip. This is not like Yellow Fever shot where it’s lifetime immunity.
I wonder if the CDC card has an expiration date?
I will not take it unless I have to to get to Africa. Then I will consult with my Dr. on which vaccine has the least side effects (6 will be out next year) and take it a bit before I go.

I was eligible as a surgeon in a hospital taking care of Covid patients. Hopefully most of the rest of us will be eligible for vaccination before the best part of hunting in southern Africa starts in May. While we do not know how long the immunity will last studies are being done. Despite the internet naysayers I suspect the immunity will last for at least a year. If you should need a booster at some time (as is necessary for tetanus, etc) it should be available by that time. I really don’t see any logic in postponing the vaccination.

14CE4128-C85C-4281-851A-C92AD7513ADF.jpeg

That is good news To hear with respect to the card. Would take the shot tomorrow if I could get it but i am well down the list. I am very hopeful that the other two companies the US Government has contracted with for 100 million doses respectively can get theirs approved and into the distribution pipeline in January! For now Pfizer and Moderna have to ramp up production as quickly as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to report back. I have no issues with taking the vaccine, once it arrives in Africa in 2034.
Whatever makes "them" happy so that we can return to some form of normality.

The only thing I see is all the special interest/lobby/me first groups clamoring to be first in line for the vaccine and demanding to be labeled as first responder/frontline/essential worker or high risk. During the various lockdowns in many states and jurisdictions bars and pot shops were opened under the "essential" label while other small retail and restaurants were closed/locked down under penalty law. Ah hah! I see... Right.

Noticed AOC et al self proclaimed into that group. Who would have guessed it but ole' dopey "lunch bucket" has been getting in on the act of being in favor of the vaccine. Wait a minute! before the election he was spouting tripe about how risky a "Trump" vaccine would be, that masks and lockdowns were his plan, the better plan! But hey no worries, the truth will be laundered through such as CNN and other MSM outlets and history will never know the difference. Where anything to the contrary will be brushed away as just another right wing conspiracy theory. Even teachers unions are claiming a special status for all their snowflakes while at the same time demanding work place safety by closing schools, demanding remote non-learning and fearing going into the classroom before fall semester if at all..... Sure works for me! Sadly, so predictable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois