375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
Do you get any kind of a vaccination card that might make travel easier?

koodoo62

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Got a card with the CDC seal that gives the date of the vaccination and the vaccine lot number. They will update it when I get the second dose. Hopefully that will suffice with the airlines, et al. I would guess we will eventually have some sort of laminated or plastic “get out of jail”cards after vaccination.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Got a card with the CDC seal that gives the date of the vaccination and the vaccine lot number. They will update it when I get the second dose. Hopefully that will suffice with the airlines, et al. I would guess we will eventually have some sort of laminated or plastic “get out of jail”cards after vaccination.
If you have a yellow international shot record, I would assume they would update it like any other vaccination as well?

koodoo62

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Montana, RSA, Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
I am sure they would. The entries on them are hand written so I don’t know how they hold up in this digital world. I haven’t seen mine since I came back from the sandbox in 91.

Graham Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Alaska Canada US New Zealand Scotland South Africa Zimbabwe
How were you eligible?
I got my first dose of the Pfizer Covid vaccine 16 December. No problems. Next dose 1st week of January. I would encourage all of you to follow suit as soon as you are eligible.

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
KooDoo69...................here's hoping that common side effects pass you by.: Loss of vision, impotence, and explosive diarrhea being the ones hunters hate most:ROFLMAO: Oh well....there's no free lunch................best of luck........FWB....

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I plan on taking when available, reason one is I work in retail around people all day, two to make travel easier for 2021 Safari.
Vaccine is only good for 6 months so I would not get it, that is if you insist on getting it, until just before your trip. This is not like Yellow Fever shot where it’s lifetime immunity.
I wonder if the CDC card has an expiration date?
I will not take it unless I have to to get to Africa. Then I will consult with my Dr. on which vaccine has the least side effects (6 will be out next year) and take it a bit before I go.

koodoo62

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
I was eligible as a surgeon in a hospital taking care of Covid patients. Hopefully most of the rest of us will be eligible for vaccination before the best part of hunting in southern Africa starts in May. While we do not know how long the immunity will last studies are being done. Despite the internet naysayers I suspect the immunity will last for at least a year. If you should need a booster at some time (as is necessary for tetanus, etc) it should be available by that time. I really don’t see any logic in postponing the vaccination.

Boyd Brooks

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
OFAH, North American Hunt Club
Hunted
Canada, RSA
14CE4128-C85C-4281-851A-C92AD7513ADF.jpeg

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
That is good news To hear with respect to the card. Would take the shot tomorrow if I could get it but i am well down the list. I am very hopeful that the other two companies the US Government has contracted with for 100 million doses respectively can get theirs approved and into the distribution pipeline in January! For now Pfizer and Moderna have to ramp up production as quickly as possible.

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Thank you for taking the time to report back. I have no issues with taking the vaccine, once it arrives in Africa in 2034.
Whatever makes "them" happy so that we can return to some form of normality.

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
The only thing I see is all the special interest/lobby/me first groups clamoring to be first in line for the vaccine and demanding to be labeled as first responder/frontline/essential worker or high risk. During the various lockdowns in many states and jurisdictions bars and pot shops were opened under the "essential" label while other small retail and restaurants were closed/locked down under penalty law. Ah hah! I see... Right.

Noticed AOC et al self proclaimed into that group. Who would have guessed it but ole' dopey "lunch bucket" has been getting in on the act of being in favor of the vaccine. Wait a minute! before the election he was spouting tripe about how risky a "Trump" vaccine would be, that masks and lockdowns were his plan, the better plan! But hey no worries, the truth will be laundered through such as CNN and other MSM outlets and history will never know the difference. Where anything to the contrary will be brushed away as just another right wing conspiracy theory. Even teachers unions are claiming a special status for all their snowflakes while at the same time demanding work place safety by closing schools, demanding remote non-learning and fearing going into the classroom before fall semester if at all..... Sure works for me! Sadly, so predictable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillipBoa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh