Back to KMG, finally!

Tim Blackwell

AH elite
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
3,537
Location
South Australia
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
366
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
6
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
Well back in March 2019, @Mark R and I booked a return safari With @KMG Hunting Safaris for June 2020. The target was to be a Cape Buffalo for me, and Bull Ele for Mark on a 10-day hunt.

We all know what happened in the interim! But finally after 3 years wait, we are now 35 days out, readying our gear and permits, and the excitement is building!

I'll update this post a little in the lead-up, to help with my anticipation levels!!

Here's a pic I took in Chobe, 2018. He'll do. Older and crustier the better ;)

received_1729367210486973.jpeg
 
I have no doubt you will have a great hunt. I am sure this will be the longest 35 days ever!
 
I have no doubt you will have a great hunt. I am sure this will be the longest 35 days ever!

It's been over 1150 days so far, I'm sure we can hold out another 35 ;)
 
Oh man, you have no idea how badly I wish I could say “Back to KMG” again. Have a fantastic time you two!
 
Stunning wood on a beautiful rifle-if it shoots as good as it looks then you have found the perfect companion! Best wishes for your hunt, can’t wait to read about it
It certainly does which is exactly why it’s going again

91F100EF-173F-4C74-A68F-D465F9197B12.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My rifle for this hunt is not quite as pretty as Mark's. It's a Mk.X. 458WM in a B&C Medallist stock.
After a Northern Territory water buffalo hunt last year, I decided it needed some upgrades. So I've had a NECG barrel band and 3-pos safety shroud fitted, along with a reblue.
I've upgraded the scope from a VX3 1.5-5, to a Meopta R2 1-6 illuminated dot #4. Loving that reticle, and I think the red dot will be very useful on a dark bull in thick cover.
I'm loading 480gn Woodleigh RNSP and FMJ. A bit more practice over the sticks to come yet, but it's getting there.

20220701_111355.jpg
20220701_114615.jpg

20220621_182502.jpg
 
Well it's now 3 weeks till we're off. Plans have finally taken place after the uncertainty of RSA elephant permits. Luckily Marius is a man who always has a plan B (or C or D) in place....we are now Zim bound for Mark's ele, which is exciting in itself!

So more flights are booked, permits are done. Out for another shot with the 458WM this weekend...and then time to pack ;)
 
Tim, glad that the alternate plan will work out. Where in Zim is that hunt going to take place? Does that mean you have to split up and hunt separately or do you get to tag along on his elephant hunt? It would be awesome to tag along on something like that.

It's sad that South Africa hasn't figured out the permit issue yet. I wonder how long it will last before they do.

I will be back hunting with KMG next year. I think I'll be there the same time as a friend of yours? Good luck on your buffalo hunt, I am sure you will run into a great bull to take. We saw a huge nyala bull there as well, in case you need an additional target of opportunity :LOL: maybe it's still alive?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,083
Members
169,491
Latest member
citydancecorpsyouth
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top