Any gin drinkers here?

Translation...almost made it to the following morning. :ROFLMAO:

No it actually took bit longer as his girlfriend was not well for bout half the visit....when at takeri for first part of trip she had bad tonsillitis...unfortunately didn't tell me what it was till nearly time to head back to Lusaka....when she told me she also said she had left her antibiotics at the house in Lusaka...I said shit you should have said at beginning as I carry amoxillin as standard.....as buy all that stuff over the counter here...so yeah screwed up the partying a bit....took it to kingfisher later but also had bombay ...my favourite orange gin and a few beers...so it survived for a while after they flew out...I kinda kept it to only have on odd occasion...the empty bottle is on a shelf behind the bar at takeri...Nice remembrance :)

No it actually took bit longer as his girlfriend was not well for bout half the visit....when at takeri for first part of trip she had bad tonsillitis...unfortunately didn't tell me what it was till nearly time to head back to Lusaka....when she told me she also said she had left her antibiotics at the house in Lusaka...I said shit you should have said at beginning as I carry amoxillin as standard.....as buy all that stuff over the counter here...so yeah screwed up the partying a bit....took it to kingfisher later but also had bombay ...my favourite orange gin and a few beers...so it survived for a while after they flew out...I kinda kept it to only have on odd occasion...the empty bottle is on a shelf behind the bar at takeri...Nice remembrance :)
Next time we meet up, first round is on me.

If 0% alcohol botanical ‘gins’ count …

IMG_6960.jpeg

John Ross and Abstinence are South African distillers whose offerings I like.

You bastards.... I bought my first bottle of gin today. Hendricks.
Your welcome.
What did you expect from us?
We are just bad influences when someone needs a new firearm, ammo, good advice and information, and good booze for the campfire. :cool::ROFLMAO:

What did you expect from us?
We are just bad influences when someone needs a new firearm, ammo, good advice and information, and good booze for the campfire. :cool::ROFLMAO:
Good advice on AH?

I couldn't get my laughing emojis to post... but I'm laughing at "Good Advice "

Gin is not a particularly hard liquor to make. It's old school flavored Vodka.
So, any smart distiller makes their version. In '18, post hunting with @KMG Hunting Safaris, I buzzed around the East Cape and Karoo and grabbed some great South African liquor. Of note was Grundheim in the Klein Karoo. Amazing gin and a witblitz that will curl your toes. Next was Boplaas wines. They had a couple gin and an amazing whiskey as I recall, I got one or two. Do some looking around, you can make a very memorable G&T.

Last edited:
Gin is not a particularly hard liquor to make. It's old school flavored Vodka.
So, any smart distiller makes their version. In '18, post hunting with @KMG Hunting Safaris, I buzzed around the East Cape and Karoo and grabbed some great South African liquor. Of note was Grundheim in the Klein Karoo. Amazing gin and a witblitz that will curl your toes. Next was Boplaas wines. They had a couple gin and an amazing whiskey as I recall, I got one or two. Do some looking around, you can make a very memorable G&T.

Grundheim is something else!! Their Witblits (mampoer in afrikaans), a type of moonshine is enough to make tough men cry and weak men die…

IMG_2648.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

I’m also of the school that believes as long as Hendrick’s distills, I’m a fairly boring customer. Hard to beat with a slice of lime or cucumber, after a hard day in the Kalahari dust. I will not pull my nose up for a Bombay Sapphire or Tenqueray if that is available.

If you want to take good SA craft gin home with you, look at Inverroche Amber, Six Dogs blue, Musgrave (any one), or Cape Town Gin Co.

Also keep in mind there are many companies that ship alcohol back to your home for a very fair price, so if you over indulge in the local market, send it over with them.

This is good stuff as well...plain one good ..but my favourite is the blood orange one....quaffing it just now....also had a cappuccino muffin for dessert....take bit off the top then pour small amount of the orange gin in...then pour some amarula in there as well.....very good :A Thumbs Up:

20240327_113830.jpg

This is good stuff as well...plain one good ..but my favourite is the blood orange one....quaffing it just now....also had a cappuccino muffin for dessert....take bit off the top then pour small amount of the orange gin in...then pour some amarula in there as well.....very good :A Thumbs Up:

View attachment 595995
Beverage, liquor and wine quality in South Africa is very underrated. I have never tasted and enjoyed better drinks from all over the world. The beer is good too.

Tanqueray Rangpur and Bombay Far East are by far my 2 faves.

On the rocks is about as fancy as I get most days, though a 2 ounce pour + an ounce of Campari of a warm summer day is quite refreshing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.