Any gin drinkers here?

Kynsna gin from Kynsna in South Africa is excellent.

Visit the distillery, enjoy a tasting, buy a bottle or two and enjoy a renewed relationship with gin. Very very nice stuff.
20240224_160755.jpg
 
For those that love gin and Africa … I’d recommend reading the book “Three Sips of Gin”.

I love a good gin and tonic. Personally I prefer a Lemon over a a Lime in mine.
That is a great book and must read!
 
For the whiskey drinkers maybe this will help whiskey based gin.

42o731ok.png
 
Gin has become quite popular in Australia with small distilleries popping up everywhere, when 20 years ago there were Vickers or Beefeater on the shelf of most hotels.

My wife enjoys Gin and Tonic. I’m inclined to think the Tonic makes a big difference overall no matter what the gin. I now lean toward buying Fever Tree tonics in preference to Schweppes or others.

@BeeMaa a small local distillery are winning awards for their Gin.

 
If you ever get to the West Coast of Michigan make sure to try some Copper Craft.......good stuff
 
To say that I'm a fan of gin would be an understatement. I'm a little hammered on it as I'm typing. ;)

I mostly prefer London dry gin as a sipper, however the more botanical versions have made some interesting cocktails. Most notably the Copper Fox Vir-Gin when making a bloody Margret (Bloody Mary made with gin) and also Bo&Ivy Navy Strength Gin taken straight. As a former Navy man, the B&I is proper gin but is not for the uninitiated. Might want to strap up for this one.

Plymouth gin is a little different. Earthy really. Enjoyable to those who like a little "sweeter" gin with more root botanicals. Not very common anymore, but was the original gin in many cocktails.

Sloe Gin for elevens is a wonderful thing but bears no resemblance to London dry. I hope to have this once more during a hunt.

For a classic G&T...I'd prefer a London Dry like Beefeater (although my wife likes Tanqueray) with a fresh lime and tonic water. Want to take it to the next level? Muddle in a few mint leaves and the flavor will really POP! Wonderful on a hot summer day.
Good to keep it local. I think VA has a few hundred distilleries at this point and Copper Fox is one of the best. And we make nearly all Apple Jack and Apple brandy here.

I discovered that Danish gin is some of the best. But rarely sold in the US. I used to bring two or three bottles home every trip.

Honestly Beefeaters and Tangueray solves most of my needs. Too cold for G/T though.
 
Devil's Juice! Gives me a horrible headache with as few as two drinks.
 
Talking of hendricks gin when my son and his girlfriend came down to zambia year before last to visit, he appeared from arrivals and gave me a duty free bag.....was heavy. It contained a bottle of laurent perrier rose champagne...one of my favourites (also my late mothers)....and a huge bottle of hendricks...I didn't know they made one so big....1.75 litres....my sons favourite is hendricks.... :E Big Grin: ....took quite a while to get through it....

Screenshot_20240325_205632_Chrome.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,349
Members
169,528
Latest member
MickiMoody
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top