An important day

Nice and happy 18th birthday :D Beers:......or in case it's one of those strange places you can't drink alcohol even when you reach 18.....:D Cool Drink::E Big Grin:
lol yip we’re in one of those weird places. It’s irrelevant anyway, he doesn’t drink. That’s not just a naive dad thing, he literally will not drink. My kids have always been allowed to drink at home, he refuses to drink at all. He’s drank exactly 3 times and all three were to humor us because it was a tradition etc....

What happened to his foot?
he had to have another surgery on his ankles and foot. Once this one heals, which takes a year, he has to do the other side. That should buy him 10 or so years before he has to have ankle replacements. This surgery is designed to fuse all the bones in his feet together, stop all lateral movement in his ankles but increase vertical movement. This one has been absolute hell for him and he has unfortunately one more to go after this.

he had to have another surgery on his ankles and foot. Once this one heals, which takes a year, he has to do the other side. That should buy him 10 or so years before he has to have ankle replacements. This surgery is designed to fuse all the bones in his feet together, stop all lateral movement in his ankles but increase vertical movement. This one has been absolute hell for him and he has unfortunately one more to go after this.

Shame.......

Belated happy birthday. He’s obviously been raised well since purchasing a rifle was tops on the list of things to do when turning 18. congrats on the new rifle. He made a great choice.

WHAAAA??? Didn't buy a Creedmoor? What's the Texas hunting world coming to? Seriously, Happy Birthday and congrats on the rifle.
LMAO.
He didn't get a 6.5CM because he had a PROPER upbringing! :D

Sorry to hear about the ankle surgerys, hope it works out for him.

Congratulations on a great birthday and spending it exercising your 2nd amendment right! I too bought my first firearm on my 18th, a Browning BPS 12ga back in "83".

Speedy recovery for the leg

That’s so awesome. I bought my first rifle when I was 21 and still remember the feeling of pride. It was a Smith & Wesson Model 1500 in 7mm Rem Mag. I shot a lot of whitetails, mulies and moose with it and took it on my first Africa trip in 2014.

That’s a real bugger about his ankles. I hope everything turns out for him!

Congrats to both of you Erik :D Cheers:

Sorry to hear about the surgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg