A few questions regarding Andrew Baldrey (Royal Kafue Safaris)

I would say Mark Sullivan immediately put himself into another category when he made many videos glorifying the danger of hunting dangerous game instead of quietly running a business or developing an area.

On your other note. I already have made donations to anti-poaching during 2020. I’ve also made donations to PHs families when they were killed hunting. It’s sad to see when there are 1000 responses on such as thread here but so few actual donations made when you get the email from DSC.
That's interesting. You make a differentiation based on the subject of the post, in order to deflect from my pointed question. Try again.

That's very noble of you to donate. My offer was genuine. If you don't want to get in a fight or you just can't hold your own, don't throw a punch; I mean that literally and figuratively.

That's interesting. You make a differentiation based on the subject of the post, in order to deflect from my pointed question. Try again.

That's very noble of you to donate. My offer was genuine. If you don't want to get in a fight or you just can't hold your own, don't throw a punch; I mean that literally and figuratively.
I don’t think you were asking a question, but I gave you an answer.

There are a handful of folks on here whose opinions and experiences I have tremendous respect for. At times, as I prepared for my first hunting trip to South Africa, they provided incredibly valuable insights -whether through contributions to existing threads or personal messages - and I don't believe my trip would have had the level of success it did without those insights. @375Fox is one of those. Hell, I'll admit I'm jealous of the man, frankly. He's gone on trips I have only dreamed of, and done them 20 years before I got my shit together enough and made it over. Good on him. But I digress. I find he has a lot to contribute and I place value on what he has to say.

You are correct: you have a right to an opinion, even if it's an odious one. Feel free to keep and share yours, just as I'll continue to form my own.

TanksTheSnob, Retard, my my. You @PhotoCollector73 asking a question about someone was ok and you shouldn't have been called out. You calling long standing and respected contributors on AH names was not ok, and it would be to your credit if you apologised. This is one of the few sites that is pleasant to belong to, let's all keep it that way.

But we do have an ignore button, my friend, which is going to be put to use once more !

There are a handful of folks on here whose opinions and experiences I have tremendous respect for. At times, as I prepared for my first hunting trip to South Africa, they provided incredibly valuable insights -whether through contributions to existing threads or personal messages - and I don't believe my trip would have had the level of success it did without those insights. @375Fox is one of those. Hell, I'll admit I'm jealous of the man, frankly. He's gone on trips I have only dreamed of, and done them 20 years before I got my shit together enough and made it over. Good on him. But I digress. I find he has a lot to contribute and I place value on what he has to say.

You are correct: you have a right to an opinion, even if it's an odious one. Feel free to keep and share yours, just as I'll continue to form my own.
Fair enough.

Jesus christ, One of the great things about this sight was being able to double check and verify everything. The OP didn't seem to be degrading be any means. He even said the claims were "Cartoonish" OP just wanted a little verification to clear up is mind.

Then those who could have easily cleared it up for a genuine question choose anger. I might have to think twice about posting on here.

BTW I am a fan and follow @KafueRoyal on social media. His paintings are amazing.
A dream to hunt Zambia.

I though the OP was fair; I've seen quite a few postings in that vein. I think it's good to ask questions.

When I was in undergrad, I fought forest fires for a local outfit (after I got fired for fighting from the store where I was working security....how's that for irony?). The right of passage at fire school was that you had to fight someone in camp. I was paired up with "Pennsylvania", the only guy who was taller and had about a 3" reach advantage on me. The guy was tougher than a coffin nail and we had mutual respect for each other, ESPECIALLY after the fight. Anyway, the point is that only two guys from the entire fire school didn't fight and they were forever known for it and were never really accepted. FFWD to my first firm. I proposed a series of public boxing/MMA fights between attorneys and law enforcement; that idea got shot down. FFWD to my stint as a full-time DPA; I proposed the same thing. There were never any takers and I was told to "shut up" by my elected. My proposal was to sell tickets. We would have made so much money.

One member wants to call another a "retard" on this forum. I don't have a problem with that. Heck, I've already gotten into it with people on this forum (not intentionally, mind you). Here is what I propose: every year, let's do an AH get-together and have some friendly bouts. Perhaps we can do this at SCI or DSC; I'll join both if this idea takes off. We can sell tickets (maybe do some side wagering, off the books) and raise money for wildlife conservation in Africa. That way, we can minimize the ad hominem attacks, people can settle their differences and remain cordial, we can minimize the keyboard warrior attitude, AND help out conservation in Africa. I'm being serious. I hope this doesn't get me banned. I generally like everyone on here; even the ones with whom I've quarreled.
Time to join DSC then. We’ve been having an annual AH together there since 2013. Save for 2021 due to Covid, the streak would be unbroken.

Reactions: WAB
This is an account of the first hand experience I had with Andrew. In 2015 I booked a hunt with another outfitter in Zambia in a new area. I was to be the first hunter in this area. Accommodations were sparse and I felt there was a little risk in to going in the unknown. The one thing that help me decide to book the hunt was Andrew posted on another site that the PH I booked with was a solid guy. At this point Andrew had nothing to do with the hunt.

When I arrived in Zambia there were problems with the hunting permits. I previously made multiple trips to Africa and had no reason to doubt the PH as to what happened, but it still left me in Zambia with nowhere to hunt.

Andrew stepped, he knew the PH, and with the approval of the other client hunter on Royal Kafue, I was able to setup a fly camp on the other side of the concession and ended up enjoying a really good trip, taking all the game I was hoping for. I actually hunted one day with Andrew.

His camp was immaculate (I stayed one night at his camp), the concession was teaming with game, and he took tons of pride in what he and his community accomplished. At that time he was extremely proud of his relationship with the local tribe and chief.

He even let me take his boat down the Kafue River, being from south Louisiana there was no way I was leaving without taking a boat ride.

So, yes, he is a standup guy.

Last edited:
I too initially found your question offensive. You essentially seemed to ask if he really was a racist, or perhaps still a racist since you were citing a 2020 hit piece. One of those prove he isn't sort of questions. My initial response would have been different, but I evoked the six-hour rule. Not as effective as a 24-hour rule, but it has changed my response. I now chalk up my initial reaction to an awkwardly written and read post.

Andrew is a very successful professional hunter with one of the finest concessions in Zambia due to his very hard work and investment. He has a very loyal group of repeat clients and doesn't need to spend much effort attracting new ones. He is also a superb artist, and every painting is sold before a brush hits the canvas. His success has created enemies, one group of whom went so far as to burn his camp. It is a sad reality with which operators contend in too many areas of Africa - particularly in countries like Mozambique, Zambia, and Tanzania where wildlife and concession management can be a politically driven mess.

I had the privilege to have Andrew as my PH at Mike Taylor's @spike.t lovely Takeri reserve in the Covid blessed summer of 2021. I spent as enjoyable 10 days hunting with him as I have ever experienced in Africa. He is a quiet professional. We had one of our AH members along who was apprenticing on the hunt. Watching his interaction with and mentorship of him was a wonderful experience in itself. I could not recommend him more highly.

And yes, we had an extraordinarily successful hunt.
IMG_3883.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4252.JPG

IMG_4309.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4059.JPG
    IMG_4059.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 66
Restraint in commenting? I know not of what you speak. Perhaps I’ll give it a try

But we do have an ignore button, my friend, which is going to be put to use once more !
Yes, forgot about that. Imagine the joy of having one in real life where the fractious sod annoying you just disappears in a puff of smoke. Ok, they can re-materialise the next day.

I tend to read more than voice my opinion.. I'm glad I haven't gotten into any pissing contests with anyone on here.. I definitely think and hope we can all get along. Maybe learn that people have different ways of communication?

As others have said, Andrew Baldry is a solid guy. I haven’t hunted with him but have gotten to know him over dinner at SCI and then crossed the river with Richard Bell-Cross to visit with him while I was hunting with Richard. He had a nice camp and his clients were quite happy as they’d just finished a very successful hunt. He hunts a wonderful area along the Kafue River as well as finding interesting opportunities in other parts of Zambia.

A fellow could do a lot worse than hunt with Andrew.

Baldry is in dire need of a haircut though.. :p:ROFLMAO:

If you search PhotoCollector’s posts you’ll see it’s just stolen material found elsewhere likely without the original author’s permission or knowledge.
Interesting.

Interesting.
Except I always made it a point that the articles were in fact reposts. That, and they were originally published publically however received little to no interaction. The entire purpose of me reposting those articles was for the enjoyment of the users on the forum.

375 had no problem with that before, but only does now because he didn't like what I had to say earlier. Par for the course with that guy, and in fact with a few, very vocal, users here ever since 2020. Discourse be dambed, echo chambers are now the norm. And God-forbid you rattle said echo chamber in any way.

If anyone wants to refute this claim of mine, they are more than welcome to do so. But I find it to hardly be a coincidence that several people have now voiced their displeasure with the interactions of this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReynaUrquh

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.