ZIMBABWE: Off To Zimbabwe With AH Friends

Have a great trip, would love to be there in camp! So will have to live the experience through you all's eyes and words. Shoot straight and shoot often.

Teaser…Half way through the hunt and Some big (and small) animals going down. Full reports to come later when we are home.

I've seen pics of two tuskless ele, one old buff bull and a couple bushbuck so far on another platform.

Getting the popcorn ready for the neat report coming. :A Popcorn::A Popcorn:

This is going to be nice. Cannot wait.

I've shot a tuskless Elephant and a Bushbuck so far. Buffalo has been tough, but still chasing them!
The R8 375 put them both down with no issues. The 300gr CEB solid shot completely through the Elephant skull and out the other side. She went straight down and the two insurance shots brought no further reaction. Internet is very slow here, so I'm unable to post pics. More to come!

Buffalo down today! Nice old bull, estimated to be 14 years old! We were hunting in a very thick area, and when we spotted the bull, all I could see clearly was his head. So a 300gr CEB solid through the brain settled the matter very quickly! Two more insurance shots through the chest and all was calm. The Buffalo hunting is very tough here, with a lot of miles walked, but very rewarding in the end.
Off for Hippo and Hyena next.

TBC

This is awesome! Thanks for the brief updates!

Looks like the guys got a few great old buff in the last 24 hours. Keep it up.

I can't wait to read these reports. Get on it boys. We are waiting.l :A Popcorn::A Popcorn::A Yell::E Dancing:

Now all we had to do at DFW is go out to the counter to give the Qatar agent our paperwork and sign the same. Heck this man was so very helpful he already had everything ready and printed off. All we had to do is sign the document. Then He called Down to their baggage department to confirm they had our guns and sure enough they did. Qatar has some excells t employees.

Yep.. The Qatar guys at DFW are rockstars...

If anyone ever has any issues with Qatar at DFW, ask for Mohammad.. that guy is super helpful, super friendly, and works his butt off for you.. (he also happens to be my neighbor :) ... he lives 1 subdivision over from me in the same suburb)...

Buffalo down today! Nice old bull, estimated to be 14 years old! We were hunting in a very thick area, and when we spotted the bull, all I could see clearly was his head. So a 300gr CEB solid through the brain settled the matter very quickly! Two more insurance shots through the chest and all was calm. The Buffalo hunting is very tough here, with a lot of miles walked, but very rewarding in the end.
Off for Hippo and Hyena next.

TBC
Toby I see you used a solid for your buff versus an expanding one. I am on your identical hunt with Philip only same time next year. Appreciate your thoughts on the solid versus expanding. Congratulations!!!

@TOBY458 Please remind York to send my shirts with Charlie please (y)

Great bull- say hi to Stan, Zvito and Sunny Boy for me if you run into them.

Reports are: 2 tuskless ele, 4 buff bulls, 2 bushbuck, 1 waterbuck, 1 hyena, 1 civit

Looks like at least Philip can come home now :)

Last edited:
Toby I see you used a solid for your buff versus an expanding one. I am on your identical hunt with Philip only same time next year. Appreciate your thoughts on the solid versus expanding. Congratulations!!!
I actually used a 300gr TSX for the Buffalo. I used a CEB solid for the elephant. As well as those TSX penetrate, I don't see much of a need for a solid on a Buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you