WIN a FREE Hunt from Wintershoek Safaris with Observer, 4 Trophies & Taxidermy for 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdutch

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA life member
Hunted
SA East Cape (‘19) Tanzania ('18) Namibia ('15, '17), USA - AK, CO, ID, NM, SC, FL, GA, WI, TX
MAdox, you lucky dog!

RogerHeintzman

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
What a wonderful prize MAdcox, congrats.
If you are unable to make the trip work, I 'd be happy to take your place.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Congrats to MAdcox and thanks to Wintershoek Safaris. Now I guess I'm going to have to unpack my bags.

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
There's a pile of jealous folks about now, am drooling with envy! LOL

Osama Mahdi

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Congrats to MAdcox and thanks to Wintershoek Safaris. Now I guess I'm going to have to unpack my bags.
Lol. I never looked at my bags since I know my luck .
The Sable in your picture is outstanding.

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS

K-man

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Spain, Alaska, RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
Congrats!! Good luck on the hunt, you are my newest best friend, need anybody to carry your bags through Joberg? I won't even ask for a tip!!
Have a great time!

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Congrats!! Good luck on the hunt, you are my newest best friend, need anybody to carry your bags through Joberg? I won't even ask for a tip!!
Have a great time!
Thanks @K-man, I’ll keep it under consideration. Be nice to have another Okie along.

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Yeah, read this post to my wife and she says, "no way is she chasing our 4 year old around while me and the boys are hunting." This trip is going to be the late 20th anniversary trip I didn't take her on last year. Plus the boys say they aren't going to watch, they want to hunt. Just means I get to plan another one when they get a little older and can shoot with me.
Yup, sounds like a great plan;)

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Just wanted to update everybody on the AH/Wintershoek hunt.
My wife and I started right away trying to pick dates. She needs time to rack up some PTO so it is going to be May 2019. That put me in a little bind because my hunting buddy @BJONES and I had already booked with @Kowas Hunting Safaris for June 2019. Bobby was fine with putting our trip back to 2020. So I had to call Ansie with Kowas and check on that. Admittedly I was a little nervous. It’s one thing to say we’ve had a medical emergency or family issue, can we postpone. But I wasn’t sure about saying, “I’m going to go hunt with these guys, can I postpone our plan.” Jacques and Ansie were great. They had seen the results of the draw and were excited my wife and I had won the hunt. They set our dates back to May 2020 without a problem. First class people.

Strauss Jordaan and I started discussing dates right after the drawing, but then I had to leave for my annual branding trip in New Mexico. No phone or internet reception for 8 days :A Thumbs Up:!
Christina and Strauss had it all worked out by the time I got back. Countdown clock started for May 2019.
Today Lori got our flight itineraries for us. My wife decided since London was and optional route, we should just go that way and spend a few nights there on the way over (she is a Beetles nut). So bye bye my own gun. Oh well, probably make it easier on her travel experience not having to be with me checking guns around.
Here is my plug for Lori Spears. I’ve never used a travel agent. Always done it myself, granted not much international travel. But with the stay over in London and connection to Kimberley, I wanted help. Guys this was way too easy. My wife had one phone call with Lori and we exchanged about three emails and she had our flight itineraries to us with perfect times, layovers, and all at a price I couldn’t have even come close to matching myself. If you’re not using her - start.

Thanks to everybody involved with making this so smooth for my wife and I- Jerome @AfricaHunting.com and @Wintershoek Safaris for putting the draw together; Strauss for setting it all up with Chris and myself; Lori @Travel Express for her help and great agency; and @BJONES and @Kowas Hunting Safaris for helping rearrange my schedule to enjoy this trip. I cannot wait to introduce her to Africa.

Hunt report to follow in about ...
32B14A15-FA0D-46C1-9F8F-F42C286CBBD6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
How could that have turned out any better for you two?
Wonderful! Can’t wait to read and see all the pictures in 2019 and 2020!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Sounds like you have a plan.
It's nice to deal with professionals!

geoff rath

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't it terrific when people, and events and plans work out so well.
Much waiting with bated breath b a bunch of folks on AH ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanteIbarr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards