WIN a FREE Hunt from Wintershoek Safaris with Observer, 4 Trophies & Taxidermy for 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAdox, you lucky dog!

What a wonderful prize MAdcox, congrats.
If you are unable to make the trip work, I 'd be happy to take your place.

Congrats to MAdcox and thanks to Wintershoek Safaris. Now I guess I'm going to have to unpack my bags.

There's a pile of jealous folks about now, am drooling with envy! LOL

Congrats to MAdcox and thanks to Wintershoek Safaris. Now I guess I'm going to have to unpack my bags.
Lol. I never looked at my bags since I know my luck .
The Sable in your picture is outstanding.

Congrats!!! :A Big Hello:

Congrats!! Good luck on the hunt, you are my newest best friend, need anybody to carry your bags through Joberg? I won't even ask for a tip!!
Have a great time!

Congrats!! Good luck on the hunt, you are my newest best friend, need anybody to carry your bags through Joberg? I won't even ask for a tip!!
Have a great time!
Thanks @K-man, I’ll keep it under consideration. Be nice to have another Okie along.

Yeah, read this post to my wife and she says, "no way is she chasing our 4 year old around while me and the boys are hunting." This trip is going to be the late 20th anniversary trip I didn't take her on last year. Plus the boys say they aren't going to watch, they want to hunt. Just means I get to plan another one when they get a little older and can shoot with me.
Yup, sounds like a great plan;)

Hey MAdcox, shoot something for me!

Just wanted to update everybody on the AH/Wintershoek hunt.
My wife and I started right away trying to pick dates. She needs time to rack up some PTO so it is going to be May 2019. That put me in a little bind because my hunting buddy @BJONES and I had already booked with @Kowas Hunting Safaris for June 2019. Bobby was fine with putting our trip back to 2020. So I had to call Ansie with Kowas and check on that. Admittedly I was a little nervous. It’s one thing to say we’ve had a medical emergency or family issue, can we postpone. But I wasn’t sure about saying, “I’m going to go hunt with these guys, can I postpone our plan.” Jacques and Ansie were great. They had seen the results of the draw and were excited my wife and I had won the hunt. They set our dates back to May 2020 without a problem. First class people.

Strauss Jordaan and I started discussing dates right after the drawing, but then I had to leave for my annual branding trip in New Mexico. No phone or internet reception for 8 days :A Thumbs Up:!
Christina and Strauss had it all worked out by the time I got back. Countdown clock started for May 2019.
Today Lori got our flight itineraries for us. My wife decided since London was and optional route, we should just go that way and spend a few nights there on the way over (she is a Beetles nut). So bye bye my own gun. Oh well, probably make it easier on her travel experience not having to be with me checking guns around.
Here is my plug for Lori Spears. I’ve never used a travel agent. Always done it myself, granted not much international travel. But with the stay over in London and connection to Kimberley, I wanted help. Guys this was way too easy. My wife had one phone call with Lori and we exchanged about three emails and she had our flight itineraries to us with perfect times, layovers, and all at a price I couldn’t have even come close to matching myself. If you’re not using her - start.

Thanks to everybody involved with making this so smooth for my wife and I- Jerome @AfricaHunting.com and @Wintershoek Safaris for putting the draw together; Strauss for setting it all up with Chris and myself; Lori @Travel Express for her help and great agency; and @BJONES and @Kowas Hunting Safaris for helping rearrange my schedule to enjoy this trip. I cannot wait to introduce her to Africa.

Hunt report to follow in about ...
32B14A15-FA0D-46C1-9F8F-F42C286CBBD6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How could that have turned out any better for you two?
Wonderful! Can’t wait to read and see all the pictures in 2019 and 2020!

Sounds like you have a plan.
It's nice to deal with professionals!

Isn't it terrific when people, and events and plans work out so well.
Much waiting with bated breath b a bunch of folks on AH ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg