Whisky

Jeez!! Look at those prices!! Where was this photo taken?

Dan Murphy’s, they’ve got some pretty good prices actually.

Call me what you will, but I have never gotten a taste for beers outside of stouts. Guinness is about the only beer I will drink. My champagne of choice is Veuve Clicquot.

Back on topic, I really like Templeton Rye. And while I am by no means a bourbon drinker, Knob Creek is always a solid choice.

Well don't like whisky so will use this entree to say my favourite champagne is krug . My Christmas present to myself :D Beers:

IMG_20180102_2021556.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well don't like whisky so will use this entree to say my favourite champagne is krug . My Christmas present to myself :D Beers:

View attachment 213384

Can’t argue with your choice, definitely a treat reserved for special occasions for me owing to $ but boy do my wife and I enjoy it.

I have been getting into my Jap whiskies as well and they are might fine.
Was in Osaka this past November and was introduced to a 12 year old bottle of Suntory Hakushu Whiskey. It was mixed with club soda. Smooth and bubbly just what the doctor ordered after shopping and sightseeing all day. They also have an 18 yr and 24 yr however the 24 yr old whiskey was $500.00 at the duty free store at the airport.

I am normaly a bourbon drinker cause I thought scotch tasted like lantern fuel,but I got to share a bottle of famous grouse with a good friend at a poker game and it was pretty good my have to restructure my drinkin thinkin

Burn's Night tomorrow, gentlemen!

As far as single malts go, I usually prefer Lagavulin if I can get it. That said, recently my favorite whiskey has been Bulleit Rye. I have been drinking a lot of Old Fashioneds at home.

For my taste, if it is American whiskey should be Jack Daniels.........Johny Black for blended Scotch.......The Glennlivet for easy Single Malt and finally if I have some money in my pocket I really like to take my palate some steps further......then there is when I buy a Lagavulin 16 bottle..........

But don´t get me wrong guys.........I can also drink Kerosene if necessary.........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just want to share this.

I just found a shot glass left behind in my gun room. Looking in at the bottom was some dried sediment, and within that were 2 tiny dead bugs. I immediately thought: "What a damn fine way for those two to shuffle off this mortal coil - pissed on Bushmills single malt!!"

Good on you lads!! At least you went out in style!! (y)

View attachment 213384
Dom Perignon for show - Krug Grand Cuve' for those who know and appreciate a truly fine champagne.

Just want to share this.

I just found a shot glass left behind in my gun room. Looking in at the bottom was some dried sediment, and within that were 2 tiny dead bugs. I immediately thought: "What a damn fine way for those two to shuffle off this mortal coil - pissed on Bushmills single malt!!"

Good on you lads!! At least you went out in style!! (y)

Oh death, where is thy sting.

My first serious girlfriend and I would drink a water glass full of Crown on Saturday nights after a long day of turkey calling. It is a thin Canadian Whiskey, probably only suitable as a solvent....but heck, those good times flood back with ever a whiff. Sitting on the deck of that double wide looking over Bull Shoals and cleaning the Winchester pumps; she wearing those leg warmers and a silky top. Have long since graduated to Lagavulin..........the smokiest of the 6 Classic Malts of Scotland. But at times I still miss it. That good ole Model 12 Trap Grade......FWB

Actually Crown (Crown Royal) is a premium Canadian Whiskey. I drink Canadian Club, which costs only 40% of what Crown does but it is smooth and mild and I like it.

As far as single malts go, I usually prefer Lagavulin if I can get it. That said, recently my favorite whiskey has been Bulleit Rye. I have been drinking a lot of Old Fashioneds at home.

I'm a fan myself. Try the 10 yr Whistle Pig Rye. Make a great Old Fashioned.

I'm a fan myself. Try the 10 yr Whistle Pig Rye. Make a great Old Fashioned.

You can get a great tasty Mannhatan from that bottle also.......;)

An enjoyable light hearted thread..........for a change. I commend Rocket for knowing that Lagavulin 16 is noticably better than Lagavulin. At a hunt camp in Wyoming, we blindfold tested 6 scotch drinkers..............all 6 picked Laga 16 as the finest. There was little doubt. And only a handful of people still recall that whiskey can be drank "neat" Most have no idea what this term means. congrats to the "Canine Revolver"...............O grave where is thy victory?. Flatwater Bill

My first serious girlfriend and I would drink a water glass full of Crown on Saturday nights after a long day of turkey calling. It is a thin Canadian Whiskey, probably only suitable as a solvent....but heck, those good times flood back with ever a whiff. Sitting on the deck of that double wide looking over Bull Shoals and cleaning the Winchester pumps; she wearing those leg warmers and a silky top. Have long since graduated to Lagavulin..........the smokiest of the 6 Classic Malts of Scotland. But at times I still miss it. That good ole Model 12 Trap Grade......FWB

It’s not the whiskey your missing, it’s the silky top... LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg