Which rifle do we crown as the best looking ever?

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
After a lunchtime G&T in tropical Africa I have built up the courage to admit here that I dont like Mauser lines. Ok, let me finish before you start tearing me limb from lmb. It isn't the stock, especially in the latter day Rigby's, that looks good. It is that little rectangular block on the opposite side to the bolt, it looks so - inorganic and 'regular'.
Compare a Mauser and a Kimber Caprivi, up, down, left, right, front, back - no contest, the Kimber wins all the way.
Ok, commence ripping.

So it’s not just me...

MS 9x56

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
HI Kevin,

I don´t understand what do you mean, or where is, "...that little rectangular block on the opposite side to the bolt, it looks so - inorganic and 'regular."

Best!

CF
The bolt release. I agree it is not exactly visually appealing. Even compared to the Mannlicher.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I like a nice working rifle myself. Looks like Tanks and I shared the same photography studio. 500 MDM

View attachment 393453

Here is my .500 MDM as well, Bastogne walnut stock. Africa weather did not impact it while I took elephants with it. Accurate Innovations does good stock work.

500MDM Rifle.jpg

Longwalker

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
A pica tinny rail on a nice rifle ??? Nope never for me!

MS 9x56

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Just one hunters opinion I have never seen a gun that a scope made it look better aestetically. Functionality is a different set of criteria. I have a 101 year old Remington model 14 that is far from pretty but it just looks like a hunters rifle. But not a rifle for consideration on an African hunting forum. CZ makes one of the better African hunting rifle but again it is not in the running for best looking. Again in this hunters opinion only.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I was thinking something similar to these from Wesley Richards for my 65th birthday coming up prior to Covid changing plans as my meeting with them at DSC this year got canceled. Still, one day...

.450-400 NE and .500 NE pictured below. Pretty and functional. Lefty to boot. :D
1618274447939.png

1618274465970.png

1618274656332.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaridadNic

Latest profile posts

A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?
6.8KLR wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'Day,
Long time no talk. I had a bad accident and was discharged from the hospital last Thursday after a three month stay. Am home now and all is well. So glad to be back. Missed you all on this board. Hope all is well with you. Killed a nice Mule deer last October and used the stainless Buffalo Skinner that worked to perfection and love the wood.
Regards, Mike in California.