Which convention - 2022 DSC or 2022 HSC?

I haven't been to SCI, but I was talking to my outfitter in his booth at DSC in 2020 and asked him about the other shows. He said that DSC was where he does most of his business as it attracts more Texas hunters than SCI.

I'll add another vote for DSC. I've been to both DSC and SCI and both are overwhelming if it's your first convention.

SCI definitely costs more as it's only open to members, not the general public. As a military man, I particularly appreciate that DSC offers free admission to military and LE.

Added bonus if you attend DSC, you can come to the AH.com dinner party. Hopefully it'll happen in 2022... @PHOENIX PHIL hint hint...

If the convention happens, and I’m far more confident this year that it will, we will once again have our annual dinner!

If the convention happens, and I’m far more confident this year that it will, we will once again have our annual dinner!

Hooray! We'll definitely have to make it out to Dallas then.

I know it's been said before, but it really can't be said enough- thank you to @PHOENIX PHIL and Jerome @AfricaHunting.com for all the effort that goes into setting those dinners up- always a great event.

If you decide on Dallas it can be a bit overwhelming so do little strategizing. You can get a list of exhibitors in advance and also a floor layout with booth numbers. Take the time before going on the floor to write down who you want to see and what to accomplish. Keep notes. Like a kid in a candy store the show can be fun but overwhelming. Do a little planning. Oh, and wear a pair of comfortable walking shoes

Good advice. Also, if you have a short list of companies, send them an email ahead of time asking to set up an appointment time to talk. These booth reps often send an extra rep to lunch or to speak with another booth they know, so this can help prevent a rushed conversation. It will also make you look more serious instead of just another one of hundreds they talked to that day.

I sure hope you are right Phil. Last year was such a long year.

Looking forward to it! We will have a big time.

I must say I don’t think it’s a negative thing that SCI is a members only convention. If you are a hunter you should be a member. SCI is the only organization with a full time team of attorneys in DC fighting for our hunting rights. Sure other orgs are doing great work and I am a member or life member of many of them but there is no comparison.
I love and attend all the conventions I can however.
Regards
Philip

I was just sort of asking myself the same question, between SCI and DSC. I am in New Orleans so DSC might be the way I would go. I just posted a thread soliciting advice on going to the DSC convention for a first timer and such. I am looking at the logistics and affordability now...

They are both good but I strongly prefer DSC over SCI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg