Which convention - 2022 DSC or 2022 HSC?

chashardy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I haven't been to SCI, but I was talking to my outfitter in his booth at DSC in 2020 and asked him about the other shows. He said that DSC was where he does most of his business as it attracts more Texas hunters than SCI.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
I'll add another vote for DSC. I've been to both DSC and SCI and both are overwhelming if it's your first convention.

SCI definitely costs more as it's only open to members, not the general public. As a military man, I particularly appreciate that DSC offers free admission to military and LE.

Added bonus if you attend DSC, you can come to the AH.com dinner party. Hopefully it'll happen in 2022... @PHOENIX PHIL hint hint...

If the convention happens, and I’m far more confident this year that it will, we will once again have our annual dinner!

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
If the convention happens, and I’m far more confident this year that it will, we will once again have our annual dinner!

Hooray! We'll definitely have to make it out to Dallas then.

I know it's been said before, but it really can't be said enough- thank you to @PHOENIX PHIL and Jerome @AfricaHunting.com for all the effort that goes into setting those dinners up- always a great event.

curtism1234

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
If you decide on Dallas it can be a bit overwhelming so do little strategizing. You can get a list of exhibitors in advance and also a floor layout with booth numbers. Take the time before going on the floor to write down who you want to see and what to accomplish. Keep notes. Like a kid in a candy store the show can be fun but overwhelming. Do a little planning. Oh, and wear a pair of comfortable walking shoes

Good advice. Also, if you have a short list of companies, send them an email ahead of time asking to set up an appointment time to talk. These booth reps often send an extra rep to lunch or to speak with another booth they know, so this can help prevent a rushed conversation. It will also make you look more serious instead of just another one of hundreds they talked to that day.

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
I sure hope you are right Phil. Last year was such a long year.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Looking forward to it! We will have a big time.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I must say I don’t think it’s a negative thing that SCI is a members only convention. If you are a hunter you should be a member. SCI is the only organization with a full time team of attorneys in DC fighting for our hunting rights. Sure other orgs are doing great work and I am a member or life member of many of them but there is no comparison.
I love and attend all the conventions I can however.
Regards
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikkiSettl

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?