Where am I going next?

I was gonna guess Benin, but was way late to the game!
 
Harnessed bushbuck! One very handsome antelope! Excellent choice! I definitely will be following this trip!
 
Sounds like an interesting trip. How long does it take to get there. I dread the long trips to Johannesburg and I'll be 68
 
Not certain but its about 5-6 hours from Paris to Burkina so a lot less on a single flight than the hideous NY or ATL to Jo flights. Still have to get to the east coast US which for me is nearly 6 hours, then the flight from there to Paris or wherever, then the flight to BF, but its gotta be better than the RSA flight overall.
 
Why Burkina Faso and not Benin? I've been to the latter and would love to go back . . . but if Burkina Faso is better . . . then would love to hear about it.

How did you choose, given that all of the animals you are looking for are available in both places?
 
Since I have been to neither I cannot say with any authority. I did look at Benin and it appeared to me at least that while the selection is about the same, from what I could gather, both having an unusual pricing structure, that Benin was a bit more restrictive and more apt to penalize in the case of a mistake made. Just my understanding and perception of it, not saying I am right. In the end its mostly eenie meenie miny moe.
 
I'd say you should do that.:D I think it will be Burkina Faso for me this time.

Look forward to hearing about a great hunt.


PS: I am late to the thread, but I was going to guess Upper Volta.:D
 
When I was a kid my dad was in the tugboat business. He was on the phone one night talking to a potential client for a tow job, and we couldn't quite hear where to and my mom said where to? I answered jokingly, Upper Volta!:eek: Never dreamed I would ever think about going there someday.
 
I just caught up on this thread. Very Cool!Are you taking your rifle?
 
I plan to, I understand its fairly straight forward there. I have an old Whitworth .375 that needs one more go around before being retired.
 
Since I have been to neither I cannot say with any authority. I did look at Benin and it appeared to me at least that while the selection is about the same, from what I could gather, both having an unusual pricing structure, that Benin was a bit more restrictive and more apt to penalize in the case of a mistake made. Just my understanding and perception of it, not saying I am right. In the end its mostly eenie meenie miny moe.

Benin does penalize - twice the trophy fee for wounded and lost, so you pick your shots. Not sure I disagree with the policy though.

Can’t wait to begin this adventure with you!
 
When I was a kid my dad was in the tugboat business. He was on the phone one night talking to a potential client for a tow job, and we couldn't quite hear where to and my mom said where to? I answered jokingly, Upper Volta!:eek: Never dreamed I would ever think about going there someday.

:) (y)

Relearning geography is one of the issues with aging. It was easier when there were apx 40 countries in Africa instead of 53, and those included three Somalilands and two Rhodesia’s.

A number of years ago, a brother asked me a question about being at Masvingo Rhodesia. I didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. He said remember, we saw the ruins of Great Zimbabwe there. It will probably always be Ft Victoria to me.

There is something to be said about old dogs and new tricks :oops:
 
Benin does penalize - twice the trophy fee for wounded and lost, so you pick your shots. Not sure I disagree with the policy though.

Can’t wait to begin this adventure with you!
Believe they have a similar policy in BF too, but not as punitive. From my POV, its somewhat of a deal killer. Getting nailed for twice the fee may make one very careful with their shooting, no argument there, but it doesn't take into account the many and varied things that can interfere with an otherwise perfect shot. It happens to all of us from time to time and paying a double fee for an animal not recovered or accidentally shooting a female that got in the way seems a bit harsh to me.
 
Ernest Dyason of spear safaris does a lot of hunting in Burkina Faso.
 
Those long flights combined with obnoxious passengers are best dealt with by medicating yourself with a half mg Alprazolam. I find I am much more sociable with attitude so adjusted.
 
Those long flights combined with obnoxious passengers are best dealt with by medicating yourself with a half mg Alprazolam. I find I am much more sociable with attitude so adjusted.
I’m an Ambien guy myself. I’m really easy to get along with while I’m asleep.
 
Jim Shockey's Unchartered featured Burkina Faso last night. He shot a Savannah Buffalo with a 300 win. mag.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,412
Messages
1,575,359
Members
170,285
Latest member
TinaHerrer
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top