Where am I going next?

I was gonna guess Benin, but was way late to the game!

Harnessed bushbuck! One very handsome antelope! Excellent choice! I definitely will be following this trip!

Sounds like an interesting trip. How long does it take to get there. I dread the long trips to Johannesburg and I'll be 68

Not certain but its about 5-6 hours from Paris to Burkina so a lot less on a single flight than the hideous NY or ATL to Jo flights. Still have to get to the east coast US which for me is nearly 6 hours, then the flight from there to Paris or wherever, then the flight to BF, but its gotta be better than the RSA flight overall.

Why Burkina Faso and not Benin? I've been to the latter and would love to go back . . . but if Burkina Faso is better . . . then would love to hear about it.

How did you choose, given that all of the animals you are looking for are available in both places?

Since I have been to neither I cannot say with any authority. I did look at Benin and it appeared to me at least that while the selection is about the same, from what I could gather, both having an unusual pricing structure, that Benin was a bit more restrictive and more apt to penalize in the case of a mistake made. Just my understanding and perception of it, not saying I am right. In the end its mostly eenie meenie miny moe.

I'd say you should do that.:D I think it will be Burkina Faso for me this time.

Look forward to hearing about a great hunt.

PS: I am late to the thread, but I was going to guess Upper Volta.:D

When I was a kid my dad was in the tugboat business. He was on the phone one night talking to a potential client for a tow job, and we couldn't quite hear where to and my mom said where to? I answered jokingly, Upper Volta!:eek: Never dreamed I would ever think about going there someday.

I just caught up on this thread. Very Cool!Are you taking your rifle?

I plan to, I understand its fairly straight forward there. I have an old Whitworth .375 that needs one more go around before being retired.

Since I have been to neither I cannot say with any authority. I did look at Benin and it appeared to me at least that while the selection is about the same, from what I could gather, both having an unusual pricing structure, that Benin was a bit more restrictive and more apt to penalize in the case of a mistake made. Just my understanding and perception of it, not saying I am right. In the end its mostly eenie meenie miny moe.

Benin does penalize - twice the trophy fee for wounded and lost, so you pick your shots. Not sure I disagree with the policy though.

Can’t wait to begin this adventure with you!

When I was a kid my dad was in the tugboat business. He was on the phone one night talking to a potential client for a tow job, and we couldn't quite hear where to and my mom said where to? I answered jokingly, Upper Volta!:eek: Never dreamed I would ever think about going there someday.

:) (y)

Relearning geography is one of the issues with aging. It was easier when there were apx 40 countries in Africa instead of 53, and those included three Somalilands and two Rhodesia’s.

A number of years ago, a brother asked me a question about being at Masvingo Rhodesia. I didn’t have a clue what he was talking about. He said remember, we saw the ruins of Great Zimbabwe there. It will probably always be Ft Victoria to me.

There is something to be said about old dogs and new tricks :oops:

Benin does penalize - twice the trophy fee for wounded and lost, so you pick your shots. Not sure I disagree with the policy though.

Can’t wait to begin this adventure with you!
Believe they have a similar policy in BF too, but not as punitive. From my POV, its somewhat of a deal killer. Getting nailed for twice the fee may make one very careful with their shooting, no argument there, but it doesn't take into account the many and varied things that can interfere with an otherwise perfect shot. It happens to all of us from time to time and paying a double fee for an animal not recovered or accidentally shooting a female that got in the way seems a bit harsh to me.

Ernest Dyason of spear safaris does a lot of hunting in Burkina Faso.

Those long flights combined with obnoxious passengers are best dealt with by medicating yourself with a half mg Alprazolam. I find I am much more sociable with attitude so adjusted.

Those long flights combined with obnoxious passengers are best dealt with by medicating yourself with a half mg Alprazolam. I find I am much more sociable with attitude so adjusted.
I’m an Ambien guy myself. I’m really easy to get along with while I’m asleep.

Jim Shockey's Unchartered featured Burkina Faso last night. He shot a Savannah Buffalo with a 300 win. mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross