Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Who cares right? LOL!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You can see below my avatar the places in Africa I have hunted, for a total thus far of 8 trips. Never figured I would do more than 2-3 hunts but you know how that goes! Will be 65:eek::eek: in less than two weeks, so if I want to make it to 10 trips, I better get started. So where am I going? Yes, its a quiz,;) and just so its not a total waste of members time, the one who correctly guess's will get a free book on Africa. Not necessarily hunting but it will be Africa. Trip is not booked but I am in regular conversation with an agent. Lets hear it then fellow travelers, what country is next on the list? The winner will get a book even if I don't go, just as long as they guess where I am planning to go. Shouldn't take too long...:whistle:;):rolleyes::D:cautious: Lets make it one guess per member too, might make it last just a bit longer. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nope, been there when it was affordable.

Nope and nope.

Burkina Faso
BINGO!! Shoot me your address and will get a book headed your way. Yep, gonna try something a little different and with a little less air time involved. Not booked yet so I don't want to mention the particulars just yet, but looking at late next year or early 2020. Never been to West Africa and hear some interesting things about it. Fun times over already fellas!

BINGO!! Shoot me your address and will get a book headed your way. Yep, gonna try something a little different and with a little less air time involved. Not booked yet so I don't want to mention the particulars just yet, but looking at late next year or early 2020. Never been to West Africa and hear some interesting things about it. Fun times over already fellas!
Thank you Scott! I am happy and excited for you. I will look forward to hearing what you’ve got planned when you get the details all sorted. I hope I am not far behind you ;):)
I read every night, so a book will be put to good use :D Much appreciated. I will PM my address to you.

Started in the east, might as well go west.

Damn it,I was slow to the gun on this one, was thinking Burkina Faso. Should be an awesome trip!

Started in the east, might as well go west.
That long horrible flight from the states to Jo is just too much for me anymore I think. And yes, first was Tanzania and that was on the flight from literal Hell! This was back in the days of smoking planes and I had just recently quit in 1982 or so. Got stuck on a cattle car 747 on a junket run that left Amsterdam, stops at Vienne, Khartoum and then Kilimanjaro. Smokers and a-holes pretty much the order of the day on that flight, just awful! Stuck in the middle of some shall I see fellows of the Germanic persuasion that didn't do a thing for their image I promise you. One guy kept a smoke going the whole flight I swear and his elbow on the arm rest so as to place his lit cig right in mein f'ing face! Not sure how I got thru that flight without ending up in jail! But it was shorter than that Jo flight! Its still a lot of flying any way you slice it but at least it wont involve a 17 hour misery flight.

I'd say go for a rainforest hunt in Cameroon, CAR, or Republic of Congo

I'd say you should do that.:D I think it will be Burkina Faso for me this time.

Burkina Faso sounds amazing. I heard they have a fascinating equestrian culture

Congrats! I still think the travel will be a lot of monkey work. I have been looking into it for the last 5 yrs.

All Africa travel is a lot of monkey work, it plain sucks! :mad: That's why we hire people to figure it out for us. Every man to his trade.;) I just turned 65 though:eek:, so aint getting any younger:( and if I want to do Africa a few more times:D, I better get started. Be nice to end on an even 10 trips.:rolleyes:

Scott,
What a great decision. I think savannah buffalo are beautiful creatures, several must have animals in west Africa! This may very well be my 2020 destination also!
Cheers,
Cody

Yep, the buff, roan, harnessed bushbuck, local reedbuck, the kob. It should be a fun hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graciehayward01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg