What Line Of Work Are You In

Time for a revival:

I am a 5* Concession/Lodge manager in the Okavango Delta, Botswana and do freelance Professional Hunting when Iam home in the Eastern Cape South Africa. I have an honours degree in Wildlife Management and would LOVE a job as a full time professional hunter or game farm manager working on habitat rehabilitation and game breeding.
my wife and I have plans of establishing our own Hunting Outfitters in the Eastern Cape one day and sharing our beautiful environment with fellow hunters.

;)
Sable 123,
When you get your operation up and running, contact me.

Retail....most aspects. Marketing, Merchandising, Sourcing, Market Entry, Product Development, Store Design, Executive Consulting. Spent 20 years in Home Improvement at all levels (cashier to executive)....now work for myself (mostly same industry). In other words, I sell hammers and lumber....

I am a Police Officer and have been for 13 years. I'm also a owner and the operations manager of the Rockin G Ranch. We do all inclusive fully guided hunts for whitetail, mule deer, some exotics ( low fenced), hogs, turkey, and some wing shooting.
I had forgotten about this thread and wow things have changed over the last two years. I left the Police Dept after about 15 years and bought a Taxidermy Company. Now I am doing Taxidermy and my outfitting business full time. My ranch has doubled in size since this initial post. I now offer about 23 different species total between high and low fenced hunts as well as rep for several African outfits and one Romanian outfitter.

Started out as a paperboy at age 9. Been working ever since. From a burger joint(there were no Mcdonalds, Burger Kings etc. in my days, to concrete work.
Got in the electrical industry after high school and was a journeyman electrician 23 years and part time taxidermist. Retired from electrical in 2000 and jumped into the taxidermy business with both feet. Been a great ride ever since, 30+ years now in taxidermy. Always wanted to be a taxidermist when young and travel to Africa. August will be my 10th hunt in Africa with more to come.
I live in South Dakota.

Business owner. Oil, transportation and finance are the 3 currently. However, I think there is a huge hole in online marketing for African hunts. I'd love to figure out how to plug that hole. Just met with my marketing guy today......

Started out as a paperboy at age 9. Been working ever since. From a burger joint(there were no Mcdonalds, Burger Kings etc. in my days, to concrete work.
Got in the electrical industry after high school and was a journeyman electrician 23 years and part time taxidermist. Retired from electrical in 2000 and jumped into the taxidermy business with both feet. Been a great ride ever since, 30+ years now in taxidermy. Always wanted to be a taxidermist when young and travel to Africa. August will be my 10th hunt in Africa with more to come.
I live in South Dakota.

Just might be a few pheasants running around your part of the world?

Retired US Navy after 22 years. Retired course developer ... mostly government after 20 years. Pastored a small Presbyterian church for 5 years. Now mostly retired, still serving very part time as a Commissioned Pastor at a large church. Catching up on the hunting and fishing and family time I missed while I was busy serving others.

38 years with the same major chemical company (plastics production). Everything from process operator, electrician, maintenance supervisor, operations supervisor, maintenance coordinator to current position as operations superintendent. Last seven years in Saudi Arabia.

Phoneix Phil, very few birds. Been too many tough years on the birds. Lost many acres of CRP, farm fence to fence, tear out shelter belts, you name if for the almighty dollar.
Good thing for all the African mounts.

I hope all are having a great summer.

Phoneix Phil, very few birds. Been too many tough years on the birds. Lost many acres of CRP, farm fence to fence, tear out shelter belts, you name if for the almighty dollar.
Good thing for all the African mounts.

I hope all are having a great summer.

That's a shame. Have take a fair number of roosters in wester Iowa where my dad grew up on a farm and is still farmed by my cousin and his son.

I actually sell produce for a living, wholesale. Been at it for about 8 years now. Have done sales to other wholesalers, chain stores, health food stores, food coops, etc. I used to tell my coworkers if my more "organic" customers asked what I was doing when I am out hunting, to tell them I am out getting "free range, organic, cage free meat"

So far 34 years in the AF, and will retire in Dec with a total of 34 years, 8 months & 28 days. Landed a civilian job on base, and will continue to work until prob 62 years of age, and then completely retire. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg