What Do You Expect from a Show Stand?

I was pleased to see this thread as it shows that safari exhibitors are making an attempt to better address the potential client. I have over 15 years experience in conventions and for a time, was responsible for my company's booth at our trade show/conferences. I was in sales for a cardio-vascular medical device company. A different industry, but a somewhat similar clientele.

What I found from that experience and the advice of the manufacturers that made the display booths we purchased, was that indeed "less is more". One of, if not the best design they recommended for a 10x10 booth was a tall graphic display across the back with two small 3-4' wings on the side separating you from the booths on either side. This also adds to your ability to use more graphics. Under these wings would be two tall, narrow 3-4' tables with nothing across the front of the booth. At the ends of these wings/tables (at the front of the booth) are two comfortable stools with backs.

Why this set-up? Having the booth more open gives you a better opportunity to have a potential client stop in and by doing so, it makes them feel that you are focusing on them. Its more inviting... A table across the front or even a kiosk separates you from the people and tends to make people feel blocked out and therefore, more distant. Not good. The tall, narrow standing height tables on the sides give one an opportunity to set up literature/brochure racks or other display items as well as a surface to write up the deal! All without taking up much space or blocking the view of the wonderful graphics on the back display panel! Or better yet, a rather large HD TV monitor showing professionally made video loops of your company and its activities; lodge, dining area, guest rooms, vehicles, staff, etc. All very important details for new clients to see and with which they can become more familiar, and therefore, more comfortable. The side wings and stools also help to prevent the visitors at the adjacent booths from taking over your limited booth space and the side wings offer an out of the way area to store additional brochures, etc.

The stools are mostly for the booth attendants to "take a load off" their feet. Anyone the has done a trade show knows your feet can take a beating no matter how comfortable your shoes are or how thick the carpet padding may be; two very worthwhile considerations as well. Crabby attendants don't make good ambassadors!

Unless you have a rather large booth, having chairs in the booth seems to be a good idea, but is actually not so good. First, if you have them, they take up valuable space where more people could be standing. Plus, the booth attendants tend to use them which portrays an image of those sitting as inattentive. People tend to feel less inclined to make someone get up out of their chair so they walk past them. But not a stool as rising from a stool noticeably takes less effort and since its right at the aisle, you are close and already at about the same eye level. This helps to make engaging those in the aisle less awkward.

Unless all booth attendants were busy, we always had someone standing in front of their stool making contact with those walking by, They were armed with their 5-10 second and 30 second sales pitch properly rehearsed, but never seeming "canned" and a 3"x5" card with pertinent information including booth number.

Having a much larger booth can, in most instances, compensate for the drawbacks of the typical 10x10 booth and allow for such things as tables and better seating. But is it necessary and at what cost? One can still portray a more bespoke image without a large-scale display... just my 2¢.

Our booth for 2017, pic quality is average, sent to us by supplier in the USA, I look forward to seeing it!

full

DSC 2017

IMG_0212.JPG
IMG_1137.JPG
IMG_4181.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_5787.JPG

My suggestion is if you can afford it, get the double booth. It is so much easier to chat and hang out. Then, have a key photo or two that really state who you are on your back wall. Of course brochures, references, etc.

Some show stands from the 2017 Safari Club International Convention.

IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_3533.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG
IMG_0459.JPG
IMG_8884.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg