Wanted 416 Rigby Or Remington

I'm surprised that no one has suggested getting a 375 H&H. :unsure::unsure:

416 rem mag all the way
My thing is .... yea ... the .416 Rigby is more powerful. But there isn't anything on earth a .416 Rem Mag can't kill. And when you go to find ammo/brass for the .416 Rigby...you are getting major heartburn.

So for me it was (and would be again) the .416 Rem Mag from a pure practicality standpoint. The .416 Rigby is a tremendous caliber but it is really expensive to feed it.

Choosing your caliber is not unlike choosing your woman, all depends on what you're willing to deal with over time.

Please educate me - which ammo would be more “internationally” available, the Rigby or REM Mag?

@Safariswestcam This is the rifle you should be looking at... @neckdeep has for sale ...all you need in a 416 rigby ...and well in the budget

I know here there is 416 rigby in the shop I use....probably got remington 416 as well....but not something I bother even looking at :A Stirring: :D Beers:
Personally I would buy whichever has more readily available ammo/brass wherever you live

For me that is the .416 Rem Mag and it isn’t close

But could be the reverse in Africa or Europe

The Rigby clearly has more horsepower.
But dead is dead.

My point was if your ammo doesn’t arrive from airport connections, etc. which would be more readily available in Africa or other countries??? Plenty of 416 REM on the shelve where I live. I’m a traditionalist at heart though and would pick the Rigby 100% of the time over REM.

Look for a Ruger Safari Magnum. They were made in 375 H&H, 416 Rigby and 425 Lott. You should be able to find one for around $2K. Unfortunately, Ruger stopped making them several years ago so you'll have to check the used gun market. If you reload the cost of Rigby ammo goes way down. All big bores are expensive to feed.

I may be somewhat biased since I have a 416 Rigby RSM.

My point was if your ammo doesn’t arrive from airport connections, etc. which would be more readily available in Africa or other countries??? Plenty of 416 REM on the shelve where I live. I’m a traditionalist at heart though and would pick the Rigby 100% of the time over REM.
Yea, there is a good chance your PH might even own a 416 Rigby and have ammo.

Probably not the case with .416 Rem

I guess if I ever have that often talked about scenario where I show up in Africa and my rifle shows up but my ammo box is missing I would just end up using whatever DG gun my PH has available. Luckily that scenario is talked about way more often than it actually happens. But it does happen I am sure.

Wanted to close the loop on this as we have been in touch with several people and again thank you for all the PM's. We have two options that we are following up on and hope to have a purchase this coming week.

Cheers!

I have a brand new Winchester model 70 safari express in 416 rem mag. Pm for for details or look in the classifieds I just posted it. Gun has some really nice wood on it for being a safari express.

I have a brand new Winchester model 70 safari express in 416 rem mag. Pm for for details or look in the classifieds I just posted it. Gun has some really nice wood on it for being a safari express.
Thanks Rubi_300 I actually screenshot it and sent to him. He has his heart set one of two 416 Rigby options which i will know on Monday if they work out. If they do not and yours has not found a new home. I will send you a message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaylaHoola

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!