Viper-Flex Shooting Sticks

They would be fine for long range sniping at smaller animals but medium to large game animals dont require that level of "snipeability". I shoot rabbits to 150yds standing over my bogpod so an animal the size of a small deer on upward should be a doddle out to way further than that.

You are assuming everyone is as steady as you are -- which some of us aren't!

As for slow to set up, in Africa your PH will be setting them up. You just have to place the rifle on them and then adjust to the target. You don't have to "construct" them just the once when you arrive.

You are assuming everyone is as steady as you are -- which some of us aren't!

As for slow to set up, in Africa your PH will be setting them up. You just have to place the rifle on them and then adjust to the target. You don't have to "construct" them just the once when you arrive.
Maybe. However, I have found with just a bit of practice any reasonable rifleman can be very fast and very accurate to at least two-hundred meters with a bipod or tripod. In 90% of the hunting I have done, simpler is always better.

And though I am sure your PH will be unfailingly polite about dragging that thing around, with the exception of the smaller game ranches where a long stalk is 200 meters from the vehicle, darn few will be thrilled by it - or at least none of the gents with whom I have hunted.

Agree with RL, the thing looks awfully complicated to me! But then again I am pretty simple minded!

Myself and my wife used a similar type of quad stick in Namibia last year. She outshot everyone in camp. She is 5 foot 2 inches and the sticks helped her support the rifle with incredible results. I thought they would be slow. The PH is fast to set them up directly on target. You are able to move them left or right if needed. The PH stated that the number of wounded animals has decreased significantly!

Myself and my wife used a similar type of quad stick in Namibia last year. She outshot everyone in camp. She is 5 foot 2 inches and the sticks helped her support the rifle with incredible results. I thought they would be slow. The PH is fast to set them up directly on target. You are able to move them left or right if needed. The PH stated that the number of wounded animals has decreased significantly!

The latter statement has been exactly my experience.

Although I wholeheartedly agree that any reasonable rifleman should manage a killing shot out to 200 yards over normal sticks, the reality is some clients are not that great marksman from field positions. Especially if they are tired/ breathing heavily etc. (I’ve hunted with a chap with a mechanical heartvalve and cardiac failure, and I could follow the barrel jolting everywhere overthr sticks to the sound of his valve after a brisk walk...)

Regarding toting them around, they weigh 594g/ 1,3lb, so they are half the weight of my Vanguard tripod or a Primos trigger stick, and with the four legs clutched together you simply carry them like a walking stick.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 8.16.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 8.16.55 AM.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 280
Bump as I’m looking at these. Kuche uses Stable Sticks and Viper is very similar. I easily find where I can purchase the Stable Sticks (imported by JJ Perodeau) but I think I like the Viper-Flex Styx Journey better. I borrowed a friends and used this weekend to practice. I can’t easily find where to get them so if anyone has advice I’d appreciate it.

To respond to these years old comments, they are very fast and easy and can function as a simple bipod in a hurry or the quad with a quick and simple movement. I think more PHs are going to them for better success of their clients because they are pretty stable.

Bump as I’m looking at these. Kuche uses Stable Sticks and Viper is very similar. I easily find where I can purchase the Stable Sticks (imported by JJ Perodeau) but I think I like the Viper-Flex Styx Journey better. I borrowed a friends and used this weekend to practice. I can’t easily find where to get them so if anyone has advice I’d appreciate it.

To respond to these years old comments, they are very fast and easy and can function as a simple bipod in a hurry or the quad with a quick and simple movement. I think more PHs are going to them for better success of their clients because they are pretty stable.
Hi,
Reach out to Viperflex. (Claus Axel Christensen) on Facebook . He will point you in the right direction .

I bought a pair of the stable sticks after using some in South Africa. Well worth the money and I liked them a lot better than the tripod I had been practicing on before going over.

These are a true game changer, single biggest factor to reduce wounding animals. ViperFlex and 4- StableSticks remain the gold standard, but there are plenty similar ones now available that dose the same, nl. Four Dead Hold, Nordisk and Rudulph, and they are substantially chaeper

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.40.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.40.41 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 48
I agree these are a game changer. If you practice setting them up, you can get really fast with them. These things have helped me make some incredible shots and if I am going to be taking sticks, I am bring these.
It’s been the same for me. It takes a different shooting style, but I really think I’m faster on my 4 stable sticks than a tripod. Focus on putting the back stock of the rifle into the sticks first then the front falls in place fast.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.42.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.42.21 PM.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.42.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 1.42.25 PM.png
    777.6 KB · Views: 45
I saw those and ones from a company called "Fiery Deer" which was $40-50. I've got a feeling that the Fiery Deer sticks are Chinese knock-offs.
I bought those when they were cheap. They are Chinese knockoffs. They work well after a few adjustments and getting used to. Definitely good for practice. $79 now.

I find the viper flex really useful. I took a set of the Blaser quad sticks to Africa last year, but the twist lock on the legs wasnt robust enough for travelling in a bumpy Land Cruiser. The Viper flex are more robust and I use them in the UK and find them excellent. Will be taking Viper flex to Africa this year.

The Viper-Flex and French 4-Stable stix are incredible. In SA, depending on the model they retail for R2000-3000.
I use 4-Stable Stix mountain stix for myself and all my clients.

What I prefer about them above the Rudolph and all other cross stick designs is that the front rest gives room to move the rifle from side to side, whereas the Rudolph and others pinch the fore-end of the stock, leaving you with no lateral movement should an animal walk whilst aiming.
Completely agree. That little amount of side to side is perfect for quick fine tuning at the last second. I love the 4 stable stix as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.