Vegemite

It's amazing how many threads have been spawned from @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and my foolishness.

I looked today at the grocery store they've never even heard of Vegemite so it must only be in Australia.
 
It’s extracted rom yeast. Has a high vitamin B content but is mainly used as a tasty (depending on your taste) spread especially nice on freshly toasted bread.
Many use it on things such as crackers and cheese / nice nice and complements the cheese.
...and is surprisingly tasty in a sandwich made with sliced cheese, fresh lettuce leaves and - again - vegemite spread sparingly over the bread. :)
 
It's amazing how many threads have been spawned from @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and my foolishness.

I looked today at the grocery store they've never even heard of Vegemite so it must only be in Australia.
Skinnersblade
Nah nah mate you can apparently get it in the Yukon.
Cheers mate Bob
 
It’s different but if used sparingly, adds a nice taste. Sort of a salty taste to me.
Zen probably tried it too.
She introduced it into our household, but I love her anyways.

After reading this I tried again: toast butter, cheese and the slightest smear of Vegemite:

20200229_230436.jpg


If you use a very little amount it does give an interesting flavour - like putting a few anchovies on a pizza. Kinda addictive actually :confused::)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
She introduced it into our household, but I love her anyways.

After reading this I tried again: toast butter, cheese and the slightest smear of Vegemite:

View attachment 333181

If you use a very little amount it does give an interesting flavour - like putting a few anchovies on a pizza. Kinda addictive actually :confused::)

Yes and goes well with tea/coffee
 
Not exactly [emoji15]
Shih-tsu s
Half pup half toad

Now you will have to explain Cane Toads.

As for Vegemite, To be Used only as directed by the forum Dr.

It’s good on crackers, preferably SAO.

Real butter not Margarine
 
Yes and goes well with tea/coffee
Interesting how your mouth tingles after you finish it....like your mouth knows it just ate something putrefying
 
Mixed into gravy or mashed spuds - it elevates both to a higher culinary level too.
 
Maybe I’ll have to put a peg on your tongue as well as your daughter’s
[emoji48]
Lol
 
We had an Australian girl live with us when we were in an international youth exchange group. She brought a jar of that putrid ---stuff with her. Took one whiff and my eyes ran for five minutes, tried it and felt like my tongue was going to shrivel up to nothing. You are more than welcome to keep it in Oz
 
We had an Australian girl live with us when we were in an international youth exchange group. She brought a jar of that putrid ---stuff with her. Took one whiff and my eyes ran for five minutes, tried it and felt like my tongue was going to shrivel up to nothing. You are more than welcome to keep it in Oz

Most likely tried too big a piece
Only the lightest of smears
 
She introduced it into our household, but I love her anyways.

After reading this I tried again: toast butter, cheese and the slightest smear of Vegemite:

View attachment 333181

If you use a very little amount it does give an interesting flavour - like putting a few anchovies on a pizza. Kinda addictive actually :confused::)
Put a slice of Spam on top of it all!
 
Proud to be a “wimp”!
 
Put a slice of Spam on top of it all!
I did put a smidge on my breakfast egg cheese and bacon sandwich. It was not bad, but honestly, the jury is still out on this one.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,080
Members
169,490
Latest member
mibeerpamab1972
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top