Vegemite

Bullthrower
Mate that's un Ozzie not Like'n VEGIMITE, it's as bad as saying you don't like footy, meat pies , kangaroos and Holden cars. I hope you don't dislike that other icon BUNDY RUM. Holy hell man next you know you'll be swearing off pig huntin.
Yeah it is an acquired taste, mate I'd give a carton of XXXX to see the look on the dingos face.
Cheers mate Bob
Fair dinkum mate! You gotta be a bit suss, and a couple of 'roos short up the top paddock if Vegemite doesn't get ya stoked!! So carn ya mug, don't be a yob!! Just ease up the budge smugglers and have a Capt'n Cook!! So stuff your gob and you'll be jake, cos it'll put hairs on ya collar bone and lead in your pencil!! It's so ripsnortin, the lid's off like a bride's nightie, and it's gone like a Bondi tram!! Banana benders, crow eaters, sandgropers - and even those the other side of woop woop - think it's the duck's nuts, so if ya not quick, you'll get Buckley's!!

So if you're flat out like a lizard drinking, on the frog n toad, havin smoko - or just taking the piss, while on the piss, and yer mate's hitting the turps! - a quick sarnie will always hit the spot.

What's that mate? Not within cooee of what's this about? You're not ocker, hey? Hmmph!! Not surprised!! This is Strayla mate - so's might as we up stakes and bugger off - we're kippin!! (y)

Last edited:
Fair dinkum mate! You gotta be a bit suss, and a couple of 'roos short up the top paddock if Vegemite doesn't get ya stoked!! So carn ya mug, don't be a yob!! Just ease up the budge smugglers and have a Capt'n Cook!! So stuff your gob and you'll be jake, cos it'll put hairs on ya collar bone and lead in your pencil!! It's so ripsnortin, the lid's off like a bride's nightie, and it's gone like a Bondi tram!! Banana benders, crow eaters, sandgropers - and even those the other side of woop woop - think it's the duck's nuts, so if ya not quick, you'll get Buckley's!!

So if you're flat out like a lizard drinking, on the frog n toad, havin smoko - or just taking the piss, while on the piss, and yer mate's hitting the turps! - a quick sarnie will always hit the spot.

What's that mate? Not within cooee of what's this about? You're not ocker, hey? Hmmph!! Not surprised!! This is Strayla mate - so's might as we up stakes and bugger off - we're kippin!! (y)

And that's how you end attempting to talk after eating that revolting tasting :A Vomit:poisonous smelling :A Fart: gloop .....so be warned!!!! :E Rofl:

And that's how you end attempting to talk after eating that revolting tasting :A Vomit:poisonous smelling :A Fart: gloop .....so be warned!!!! :E Rofl:
Great comeback Spike!! I'm still LMAO!! :ROFLMAO:

(But I must opine that from your description someone may have slipped you a dollop of axle grease instead mate!! :whistle:)

Great comeback Spike!! I'm still LMAO!! :ROFLMAO:

(But I must opine that from your description someone may have slipped you a dollop of axle grease instead mate!! :whistle:)

I was actually going to use axle grease instead of gloop .....but thought I would give you a slight break..... :D:D Beers:

TIMBO
Ya gunna ave a bloody ard time explainin all that bonzer Ozzie lingo to all them yanks and otha people.
Lucky I'm Ozzie and understood wot ya sed. Couldna sed it betta me self ya old bastard.
Ave a goodn mate
Bob

Spike T
Weres your sense of adventure mate. You can hunt all this game but can't handle an Ozzie staple
Bob

TIMBO
Ya gunna ave a bloody ard time explainin all that bonzer Ozzie lingo to all them yanks and otha people.
Lucky I'm Ozzie and understood wot ya sed. Couldna sed it betta me self ya old bastard.
Ave a goodn mate
Bob
Maaaaate!!

Been hammering the Bovril and Marmite during lockdown. At least one slice a day or either.
Today was runny Bovril, the other days Marmite.

Wish I had Vegemite too , nice milder taste goes well with a mature cheddar.

Bovril, I’m not sure. Marmite it’s been a while, Promite was always good!
We had Bonox in Australia. That could be a Broth or a uhh maybe a spread.
Is the Dr in?

Once you've been indoctrinated into the art that is judging the correct amount of Vegemite to spread, you'll never go back to Marmite, Promite, Bonox, Bovril or any of the other lesser substitutes. :)

Found this online if anyone's interested:

Australia Celebrates National Vegemite Day:
https://time.com/4371032/national-vegemite-day-australia/

Curiously, I used to hate the stuff. Then I got naturalised and have been enjoying vegamite ever since.
I see you live between 2 countries were you raised in Australia? Do you work in both?

I see you live between 2 countries were you raised in Australia? Do you work in both?

I first came to OZ after finishing high school as an overseas student having no previous ties to the country. Because of my passion for sailing by the time I was 18 I’ve already spent a fair bit of time travelling and was hungry to see more of the world. I thought studying in Sydney for a year or two would be a great experience. But it didn’t take long for me to fall in love with the place and the people and so I have completed my undergraduate degree. And then my postgraduate degree. With my educational background I was eligible to apply for a permanent resident visa under “skilled migration” scheme which I did the very day I had my documents in hand. Few years later I was naturalised and then married a girl I met at the university (education is a trap!).

In the mean time I did some investments in commercial realestate in Poland. Developing it required my presence so I put my things into storage and moved to Poland. In the pat 10 years I moved back and forth four times. Presently I spend about two months a year in OZ, but will be moving back and reversing the proportions as soon as business allows it.

I have joined the brotherhood! My Vegemite came in last night and I spread it on a piece of buttered toast as instructed and, it's good! It provides a -- I'm not sure the correct word -- a tartness? zestiness? tang? Whatever, I'll put this on toast from now on.

Send me the secret handshake. :)

Next experiment was to taste it straight and even there it is good -- just salty -- a bit like caviar maybe.

A lot cheaper than Caviar I bet.
I believe both are an aquired taste so I guess there Is a Comparison there.

This Sou FPS likes pre-1970s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!