Vegemite

I didnt like it as a child and dont like it now. I do put it on my wife's toast every morning as I take her breakfast in bed although when I found out vegemite was a halal supporter we changed to marmite , but I dont like that either. Butter has a wonderful flavour all on its own for toast or bread so I seem to have taken on my great grandfathers idea of either butter or jam/honey etc but not both at once.

Okay I can find Vegemite and Marmite but does anyone have a USA source for Bovril???

You don't need crackers or toast, just get a tablespoon full and enjoy!
Now some one who knows how to use it, this light smear wave the jar over the toast brigade have no sense of adventure..
Thick and tasty is the way to go.
TIMBO, sure does go good in gravy.
Gentleman if you can handle the 375 h&H or bigger surely you can handle a decent dose of vegemite.
Cum on lads man up and give it a go.
Cheers
Bob

I have yet to meet an American that like Bovril or Marmite..... lol

I have yet to meet an American that like Bovril or Marmite..... lol

I actually like both of them. Prefer Bovril tho. Did as Dr Ray suggested when in SA last May, a schmear on toast with butter. Of course I also love breakfast tea with milk like the Brits also!

You can actually find all three in our local Publix supermarket in the "international" section.

I tried it and then spent the next two hours trying to find a dingo so I could lick its arse to get the taste out of my mouth! Some truly foul stuff! They make supplemental vitamins to get vitamin B!!! Thank god for XXXX to wash it down though!
Bullthrower
Mate that's un Ozzie not Like'n VEGIMITE, it's as bad as saying you don't like footy, meat pies , kangaroos and Holden cars. I hope you don't dislike that other icon BUNDY RUM. Holy hell man next you know you'll be swearing off pig huntin.
Yeah it is an acquired taste, mate I'd give a carton of XXXX to see the look on the dingos face.
Cheers mate Bob

Spike T
Imagine the look on the poor dingos face.
Ok you have esp!
I was thinking about doing that and here it is.
Top toast - some Vegemite
Bottom side - none
View attachment 333151
Doc Ray
I think you forgot to out the vegemite on the toast, had to enlarge it to see it.
My wife likes it on toast with a poached egg.
Cheers mate Bob

It's amazing how many threads have been spawned from @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and my foolishness.

I looked today at the grocery store they've never even heard of Vegemite so it must only be in Australia.
Skinnersblade
I think we've opened a Pandora's box here mate.
PM me your address and I will send you some over.
Problem is it's like booze and sex it can be to enjoyable.
Cheers mate Bob

Now you will have to explain Cane Toads.

As for Vegemite, To be Used only as directed by the forum Dr.

It’s good on crackers, preferably SAO.

Real butter not Margarine
CBH
Chris now you have to explain what SAOs are mate. Screenshot would be easier
Cheers mate Bob

Amazon says Bovril is illegal to import to the U.S.

Well wish I had known that. Brought some back to my daughter from New Zealand a year ago.. No one questioned me at all...

Once upon a time, I lived with an Australian woman.
She always kept a jar of Vegemite in the kitchen.
I found the product to taste good as some of you Aussies have said, by using just a small amount on toast.
I experimented with different food combinations and found cheese, toast and Vegemite to be fairly good, if not a little over-salty.
However, toast, Vegemite and fresh sliced tomato turned out to be my favorite.
To this day, 30 years later, I still eat it with toast and fresh tomato slices.
Likewise, I just recently tried (might have been Pheroze’s suggestion of) a poached egg on toast with Vegemite.
It is also a “center hit”, in my twisted taste bud opinion.
Oh yeah, a very few anchovies on pizza is also to my liking (with tomato slices as well lol).

Last edited:
Once upon a time, I lived with an Australian woman.
She always kept a jar of Vegemite in the kitchen.
I found the product to taste good as some of you Aussies have said, by using just a small amount on toast.
I experimented with different food combinations and found cheese, toast and Vegemite to be fairly good, if not a little over-salty.
However, toast, Vegemite and fresh sliced tomato turned out to be my favorite.
To this day, 30 years later, I still eat it with toast and fresh tomato slices.
Likewise, I just recently tried (might have been Pheroze’s suggestion of) a poached egg on toast with Vegemite.
It is also a “center hit”, in my twisted taste bud opinion.
Oh yeah, a very few anchovies on pizza is also to my liking (with tomato slices as well lol).
Velo Dog
I'm glad you tried the poached egg trick. My wife had the same for breakfast on Saturday and loves it.
Cheers mate Bob

Velo Dog
I'm glad you tried the poached egg trick. My wife had the same for breakfast on Saturday and loves it.
Cheers mate Bob

Perhaps it was you who suggested the poached egg combination (My memory is getting crazier with the years and the miles).
But whomever suggested it, I am grateful.

Perhaps it was you who suggested the poached egg combination (My memory is getting crazier with the years and the miles).
But whomever suggested it, I am grateful.
Velo Dog
Yeah it was me mate.
Glad you like it.
Cheers mate Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!