Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, Mexico, New Zealand, Namibia
My little man has been after this buck since youth season. We have seen him every weekend, but he just wouldn't stay broadside long enough for him to get on him solid or a doe would step in front of him. We went out to lease on Tuesday night for the holiday weekend and didn't see him until Saturady afternoon I was starting to think one of the neighbors had shoot him. He came in early and solo so Cade was able to take his time and made a great shot with his .222. He bolted and ran about 25 yards and piled up. I haven't released an arrow yet, but my season is complete. His new favorite saying is "Big Buck Down" we heard it every 10 minutes for the rest of the weekend. When I told him before the season he could shoot a 6 or 7 point this year for his first I had know idea this toad was going to be the first 6 we saw.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to your little man!

Great job guys, now he is ready for the big game in Africa! ;-) Congrats to the little man! iwas his age when I shot my first impala with the exact calibre... It is a day that he and I will neer forget.

Best regards,

Congratulations!

It must have been great sharing this experience with your son I am sure it will be a memory that the both of you will cherish for years to come!

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

the look on his face tells it all. you must be a proud father

What a great start to your son's hunting career - congratulations!

I am sure this is one of many good hunting memories that you and your son will share together.

Dlove,

Congrats to your LITTLE MAN for the debut buck taken . NO doubt , a Big Game Hunter in making , it would be a cherish able moment for all your life as a Proud Dad of a young hunter ......

Monish

Dlove,
Please pass my congratulations to your son.These are the things that matter, the things that will shape him in the years to come , to become the type of person that respects nature and every animal he takes one day.
Many congartulations and thanks for sharing this refreshing post.

All the best,
Marius Goosen

Huge congratulations to your son

I wish my father had taught me to hunt, but he wont pull a trigger on anything living so i had to teach myself everything i know today
So your son i trully blessed to have a father that will teach and hunt with him

And what aa buck to cut his teath on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg