US Travel Bans/Restrictions South Africa

On a second look, people with sporting goods (guns included) get an extra 15kg allowance on Airlink but there is another $20 charge for a rifle case. A PDF of baggage policies can be downloaded from the website.

Isn’t there a $25.00 per rifle, per flight on Airlink as well

I'm looking into Ethiopian from Houston to Johannesburg, then Air Botswana for the flights in and out of Botswana. Still researching the details but it's looking like a viable solution.

Since the collapse of South African Airways, I have booked a new round trip on British Airways to Johannesburg via London Heathrow from Boston. So our May trip to Limpopo is back on; fingers crossed on this one.

All I know for certain is this country is being “run” by a bunch of fking losers, morons and conservative haters! As much as I love hunting in Africa I m gonna
sit tight until things level off to some sort of reasonable degree. I’ve wanted to hunt in Europe now for a while so let’s see how that plays out.

All I know for certain is this country is being “run” by a bunch of fking losers, morons and conservative haters! As much as I love hunting in Africa I m gonna
sit tight until things level off to some sort of reasonable degree. I’ve wanted to hunt in Europe now for a while so let’s see how that plays out.
Yes that’s why it’s fun to get away from the USA to go hunt and forget about the idiots for a couple weeks. You can travel to and from Africa now and hunt. The hunting countries are open with a test before you leave. The animals and operators need our support. Carriers like Qatar, Turkish and some others offer better service than USA based airlines anyway.

Europe is less open and the wildlife there is not at risk nearly as much.

Looks like we'll be flying on Ethiopian Air, all but for the leg from Kasane to Johannesburg. We'll go with Air Botswana on that one. Overall, it was cheaper than Qatar and without a 9-hour layover.

I'm Canadian, I wish our dictator would realize that the rest of the world is moving forward away from Covid. Ours has implemented his hotel lock up, massive fees and more rules. Now he has purchased vaccine from India as he bungled every other thing he touches.

MB

BTW I have a postponed hunt this summer in SA but at this time cant see us spending the $6000 for Trudopes rules upon our return. Safari planning is supposed to be fun, not stressful with worry what your dictator decides. At this point I am enjoying the plan thru you guys who can and are able to safari.

MB

I'm Canadian, I wish our dictator would realize that the rest of the world is moving forward away from Covid. Ours has implemented his hotel lock up, massive fees and more rules. Now he has purchased vaccine from India as he bungled every other thing he touches.

MB
Sorry to hear Mark seems like the world is falling apart with the after effects of Covid.
South Africa went to level 1 From Sunday. What is means is the following:

Kids can now go back to school at full capacity
Alcohol can be sold normal trading hours
Gatherings are still restricted for example Churches and sport spectators
Curfew from 12 at night till 4am
Mask need to be worn in public

I am not sure if they eased off on travel retstrictions testing and so on maybe someone else can give an update.

Seams most Countries are relaxing, also vaccinating at crazy rates. Canada waiting for Trudope to get organized. Also amazes me that I can get a test in SA, pay about $100 and have results next day, we get to pay $400 for test upon entry then wait 3 days paying $1500+.

I certainly hope things get normalized soon. Travel agent called, said my Ethiopian voucher is only good till end Dec 2021, then I have a $1000 payout fee?

MB

Sorry to hear Mark seems like the world is falling apart with the after effects of Covid.
South Africa went to level 1 From Sunday. What is means is the following:

Kids can now go back to school at full capacity
Alcohol can be sold normal trading hours
Gatherings are still restricted for example Churches and sport spectators
Curfew from 12 at night till 4am
Mask need to be worn in public

I am not sure if they eased off on travel retstrictions testing and so on maybe someone else can give an update.
Perhaps some confusion still on the 72 hour PCR test results for your departing flight from US to arrive in South Africa? I found a new clinic locally that guarantees RT-PCR results in an hour. I'll do this same day before my my departing flight now. This will cover me for under 72 hour hour window into SA. Game on now!

Seams most Countries are relaxing, also vaccinating at crazy rates. Canada waiting for Trudope to get organized. Also amazes me that I can get a test in SA, pay about $100 and have results next day, we get to pay $400 for test upon entry then wait 3 days paying $1500+.

I certainly hope things get normalized soon. Travel agent called, said my Ethiopian voucher is only good till end Dec 2021, then I have a $1000 payout fee?

MB
Just some info. You can now get the results in SA the same day at Ampath. Test cost is R850 / $60. Took a client for testing yesterday. We were at the drive through at 8am, out by 8.45am and had test results by 2 pm the same day. They were sent in an app. Downloaded it, emailed it to myself and printed it.

Just some info. You can now get the results in SA the same day at Ampath. Test cost is R850 / $60. Took a client for testing yesterday. We were at the drive through at 8am, out by 8.45am and had test results by 2 pm the same day. They were sent in an app. Downloaded it, emailed it to myself and printed it.
SA is so far ahead of Canada its mind boggling. Tests in SA are not my problem, thanks for updated info, getting tested in Canada before departure at $400+ is hard but paying the $2000 ea to re-enter Canada and be locked in a hotel is a show stopper. Just NOT paying it. Dictator Trudope wins this round. I do not think these rules will be relaxed before our 15 June depart. Some places in Canada just went back into lockdown, 3rd wave and variants is next plandemic step for Canada.

MB

hi all

so i just had a client from usa
he did his pcr test in states and flew qatar airways via doha to johannesburg. he then flew to zimababwe and hunted there for 2 weeks. had a covid pcr test there and flew on sa airlink back to johannesburg. i collected him there, (airport was eerily quiet) he had a great hunt for 7 days with me. the day before he was due to fly home we drove to nearest big town did the covid pcr test, returned to tallyho for another half day of hunting
received the results via the app from the lab that did the testing, after about 24 hours. printed out a set of results for airlines.
this all went smoothly. returned the client to johannesburg airport and he flew hom to USA via doha on qatart airways, with weapons.
this was my first international client in over a year and i was worried about the testing etc
it all went smoother then i thought it would and really wasnt a big hassle

so all i can say
have your paperwork in order and book your hunt. its not as big a hassle as you may think.

regards

We should be safer doing the PCR testing now with much less risk for false positives. Ask your lab how many “cycles” their PCR test runs. Up until Jan 20 (that’s right!) the WHO recommended a cycle rate of around 40 which gives 80+% false positives now it will be reduced. It needs to be below 30 (approx) so study and ask questions.
Bottom line is we should all be confident Africa is on he horizon!

We should be safer doing the PCR testing now with much less risk for false positives. Ask your lab how many “cycles” their PCR test runs. Up until Jan 20 (that’s right!) the WHO recommended a cycle rate of around 40 which gives 80+% false positives now it will be reduced. It needs to be below 30 (approx) so study and ask questions.
Bottom line is we should all be confident Africa is on he horizon!
Safer? How does taking any test or the methodology of conducting any test make us safer? The lead phrase of that news release seems suspect, not to mention the subject source, the Who.... "causing less positives on the day Biden becomes President" !! Terrible English grammar plus suspicious content hiding in plain sight. And all in a seemingly simple phrase. :)

Launch on Qatar, 13, May for ten days in RSA Eastern Cape. Got my two vaccinations. With no idea what the future holds for me anyway, it's best to jump through all the hoops and go while the getting's good.

Safer? How does taking any test or the methodology of conducting any test make us safer? The lead phrase of that news release seems suspect, not to mention the subject source, the Who.... "causing less positives on the day Biden becomes President" !! Terrible English grammar plus suspicious content hiding in plain sight. And all in a seemingly simple phrase. :)
Safer as in not getting stuck in Africa!

Safety issue... Really? More like a huge PITA. Peoples from around the world have willingly allowed, and in some cases demanded, this to evolve beyond anything reasonable much less "scientific". The truth is hiding in plain sight! Reminds me of a combination of Animal Farm and 1984.

I've got to hand it to Ted Cruz, he is not afraid to put this whole issue in proper perspective when confronted by snowflake millennial media light weights or opposing politicians. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg