Two more for the safe

”Purdee” damn great deal on classic maker/calibers … I don’t think I have a favorite!? :sneaky: I would have came home w/ both also BUT one difference: gotta avoid the “Warden Stare” by sneaking into the basement & safely stashing in the gun safe!
 
Very cool!!! I always kept my eyes open for a ruger number one in 300 h&h. I'd definitely pay $1900 for the pair.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.12.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.12.22 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.12.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 2.12.21 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
Ok enablers, I went to pick A gun today and brought home two. :A Banana:

I answered an ad for a Ruger No.1 in 300 H&H (Boddington African Adventure Series Kudu). As the conversation advanced he said he also had another Ruger to sell. So I drove to his place today and looked at both…and brought home both.

When I got home the Warden was shaking her head and laughing at as I presented them and said “I don’t really understand why you needed two of them”. :oops: Well I looked her right in the eye and said “Neither do I !!

Here are my new-to-me Ruger No.1 300H&H and Ruger M77 Hawkeye African in 9.3x62…$1900 for the pair and a box of ammo for the 9.3x62. Did I do ok you think?
Sorry, pic quality substandard iPad stuff.

View attachment 431053

View attachment 431054

View attachment 431055View attachment 431056
@RandyF
I'm glad you took my advice and got both. They are lovely looking rifles.
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Enjoy them. If you don't like the 300 you can always gift it to me for safe keeping.
Bob
 
Wow, congrats!!! One heck of a deal, and hard to pass.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,434
Messages
1,576,114
Members
170,517
Latest member
Harris83J6
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top