Trophy Room Build after 45 years of hunting

Wow that is really gonna be something special! If you dont mind sharing how much does it cost to build a trophy room like this? Not asking for specifics just a ballpark figure please.

Well this is gonna be wild to watch. Congratulations! That's gonna be awesome.

Wow that is really gonna be something special! If you dont mind sharing how much does it cost to build a trophy room like this? Not asking for specifics just a ballpark figure please.
Yes would love to know what a price per sqft to build!

Wow, that’s going to be amazing.

My architect told me to budget for $200 per square foot, I told him "no way, I can beat that". Since I am acting as the GC, there is no mark up or management fee. There are some mitigating factors to the construction cost due to the hacienda style of the current structure. So, a more economical solution such as a metal building just would not suffice.

I am in the final phases and am coming in just under $125 per square foot. I did not cut any corners, but maintained the same quality construction and finish of the lodge compound.

The above figure does not include any of the habitat scenes as these are still somewhat fluid. The estimated range of cost is between $100 and $150K.

Fireplace started last week.
73213564648__84BCE1F0-DAC9-40FC-BC50-140A5DFB3FD7.jpeg

Paint finished

IMG_9117.jpeg

Congrats @Franco on the acquisition near Tyler, that is a beautiful part of Texas. I chose wood as I incorporated the four car garage connected to the compound and it is wood framed. There will be a bar and butlers pantry along with some storage.
Thanks John,

How did you decide on dimensions and layout? Are you planning based on specific trophies or just arrange them once it's built?

How did you decide on dimensions and layout? Are you planning based on specific trophies or just arrange them once it's built?
I utilized a four car garage that was 52 feet wide as it is connected to the guest wing of the lodge. Then had my architect come up with the dimensions and basic space planning with the understanding I would have some habitat scenes built in the rooms. I left it to him for door and window placement so there would be some natural light when I want that. There will be blinds or shades of some sort to block out the harmful UV rays when no one is in the room.

The basic concept has a mountain in the North side of the large room with all of the mountain species I have collected. Then, a fairly long habitat scene for African plains game along the East wall, The South wall will display the Big 5 as well as subspecies of African Buffalo and other bovine of the world. The balance of the room (walls) will be for African game.

The smaller room will be for North American, South American, European, and other areas of the world. There is one habitat scene planned to display the four species of North American bears.

Attachments

• IMG_9452.jpeg
    IMG_9452.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 168
Sounds excellent on the layout. I'm particularly interested in your buff and bovine display.

It's not every day you see a polar bear in a US trophy room outside of Cabela's, etc. Is it one of the excellent reproductions or did you get yours in before the law changed?

Sounds excellent on the layout. I'm particularly interested in your buff and bovine display.

It's not every day you see a polar bear in a US trophy room outside of Cabela's, etc. Is it one of the excellent reproductions or did you get yours in before the law changed?
@Green Chile the Polar Bear was what started my quest for the North American 29. I had certainly thought about it before, but never set a goal to pursue it.

Then, in the Fall of '06 I was in the Yukon on a moose hunt and in conversation with my guide one day after collecting the moose he asked me if I was going for the 29. He said, if so you better get on the polar bear right away as 2007 will be the last season to legally import the trophy to the USA.

When I got home and the dust settled, I got busy doing my research and found one tag left on Banks Island for the 2007 season. I hunted 15 days in February and never saw a bear. Knowing this was the last year, the guide offered me to come back at no cost the end of March. I took my bear on day 6 and was never so happy to get off of that frozen ocean!.

Excellent. I noticed that hunt isn't written up here. Maybe you will write it up sometime. We aren't exactly overrun with polar bear hunt reports around here.

Excellent. I noticed that hunt isn't written up here. Maybe you will write it up sometime. We aren't exactly overrun with polar bear hunt reports around here.
Thanks for asking @Green Chile

Whew, that was 17 years ago! Let me see if I can locate my journal from that trip. We moved a couple of years back and I’ve never unpacked all of the boxes with hunting books, notes and journals. So, it may be a while.

JES

This is the closest I've ever been to a polar bear

I love it!!

BTW - never saw one with a coke bottle.

Wow, what a wonderful project! Congratulations on finishing your trophy room. You sir are a blessed man. I can’t wait to see the finished product.

You should host an AH get together, so we can see your beautiful trophy room. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for asking @Green Chile

Whew, that was 17 years ago! Let me see if I can locate my journal from that trip. We moved a couple of years back and I’ve never unpacked all of the boxes with hunting books, notes and journals. So, it may be a while.

JES

Your journal might be in a box, in Joe Biden’s garage, right next to his old Corvette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AundreaHal

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.