Trophy Room Build after 45 years of hunting

John,

Congratulations on your purchase and construction of your trophy room. We just bought a property south of Tyler, we close this Tuesday, meeting with a builder Wednesday to discuss location/construction of my trophy room.

May I ask why you chose wood vs steel?

What additions are you planning? I am adding wet bar, walk in humidor, and gun vault.
Congrats @Franco on the acquisition near Tyler, that is a beautiful part of Texas. I chose wood as I incorporated the four car garage connected to the compound and it is wood framed. There will be a bar and butlers pantry along with some storage.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT IN NOVEMBER!

This is the garage after demolition.
IMG_0192.jpeg

Once the walls went back up, they got trusses and decking on pretty quick so fortunately we didn’t succumb to any more storms.
IMG_4702.jpeg

I put 3/4” plywood everywhere I plan on hanging mounts.

IMG_3891.jpeg

3/4 plywood is the ticket. I wonder if any of your materials or trusses came from Builders First Source?

I had the entire building, ceiling and walls spray foam insulated. My HVAC contractor said it would pay for itself in the long run.
IMG_4481.jpeg

Air Handlers on top of bathrooms will be hidden by the mountain.

IMG_4606.jpeg

3/4 plywood is the ticket. I wonder if any of your materials or trusses came from Builders First Source?
I used another regional lumber supplier and they sourced the trusses for me as well

Drywall done, it took another 3 weeks to tape, float texture and paint.
IMG_4615.jpeg
IMG_4616.jpeg

While all that went on, stucco was being done on the exterior so we made good time.

IMG_5049.jpeg

To give some scale to the project from this side, the covered patio is 40 feet wide.

IMG_3710.jpeg

Now that’s a proper Trophy “Room”!!
What’s the finished square footage??
The footprint is just over 7000 square feet., divided into two rooms.

Do you have any aerial photos of the site or footprint? Is your design finished or are you working through any details?
I did not take any aerial photos along the way, just didn't think of that. The design portion of the building is basically done, the taxidermist building the habitat scenes gave me a sketch of his concept but we will collaborate on this regularly throughout the process. So, that is really the only design item that is still fluid.

Coming along great. Look forward to seeing progress and final product.

Looks like quite the trophy room. I’m curious, why wood framing?
As t timberland owner I don’t like your curiosity. Use as much wood as you want.

So you’re why we can’t afford lumber any more.… just kidding

PEMBs seem to be all the rage these days. it doesn’t seem like lumber is the first choice for buildings like this.
That would be the mills not the timberland owners. Unfortunately we are getting squeezed on stumpage as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skylinedevelopment

Latest profile posts

Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.