Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Was at the airport early today to pick up trophies from 2015 and 2016. Had to barrow a trailer from a friend and man did this crate fill it up. The 40 minute drive home was filled with great anticipation! I had to shower and return to the airport to catch a flight on the double. But......I couldn't resist the chance to open the top up and take a quick look inside. I am always amazed with everything Mike at Capricorn taxidermy can get into the space. This crate has an 8' giraffe pedestal mount, a Nyala half mount, a bushbuck full mount, a warthog and a waterbuck shoulder mount, a rifle bag, a giraffe skull, carved giraffe leg bones, book ends from giraffe feet, another set of giraffe leg bones for future projects and a porcupine skull.
I'm really looking forward to getting back home to unpack. It's Christmas in August!

image.jpg
image-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir!!!

That is a bigunnn(y)

That will be like a kid in a candy store and Christmas morning all rolled up into one!! :A Banana::A Banana:

Glad to hear you got everything home safe and sound. Hopefully I'll get an invitation to the unveiling party.

Can't wait to see the unpacked trophies!

Wow! Looking forward to the big reveal!

I'm out on the road but my son was so excited that he un crated everything this evening. It took three guys to take the Giraffe into the house. Guess I will be negotiating with the wife where all the stuff will go!

Wow! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see your trophies!
Be safe

Lucky you. 2015 trophies, gotta really be excited. Those carved leg bones turn out awesome, can't wait to see yours.

i can only hold my breath so long.

NICE! Can't wait to see everything.

Christmas in August! Looking forward to some photos once they are hanging on the wall.

I agree with everyone here, ready to see some pics, you got a lot of cool things done and really interested to see how everything turned out. I know the suspense has to be killing you!

Charlie, what were the dimensions of that crate? Others may need them for planning purposes. I'm looking forward to a future visit to your "man-cave" and enjoying a glass of your good Bourbon on the rocks.

Just a BAD POST!. You can't post this and then leave for work or vacation or whatever reason. I need pictures. I want to see the giraffe Ped and the carved bones. Cant wait.

im turning blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg