Time to unpack a BIG CRATE

Whatever baited breath is, I've got it.
 
Charlie I'm having a very hard time making out what that critter is in the top left corner of the second picture in your OP. The suspense is killing me.. I'm sure my old eyes are tricking me with the blurey photo... But did you mount the back half of the Nyalla?
 
For you Bob.

Nyala is on the right. Note the yellow socks.

I'm thinking the upper left is a bedded bushbuck.

Kudu in front.
Giraffe on the bottom right.

Time will tell if my guesses are correct. :)

image-2 (1).jpg
 
Hey Paul;
Is that baited as in dead fish:eek:

One look at me should be prima facie evidence that I will eat almost anything, including dead fish (in fact, especially dead ones).
At the moment I cannot recall ever having eaten a live fish.
However, sometimes watching them swim past does make me hungry, its probably a cave man thing.
Been on a diet for many long months now and even just looking at the pictures of those shoulder mounts in CAustin's shipping crate makes me hungry for antelope steaks, grilled over a camelthorn fire.
 
Charlie, what were the dimensions of that crate? Others may need them for planning purposes. I'm looking forward to a future visit to your "man-cave" and enjoying a glass of your good Bourbon on the rocks.

Crate was 9' long, 4' 7" wide and 4' high.
 
For you Bob.

Nyala is on the right. Note the yellow socks.

I'm thinking the upper left is a bedded bushbuck.

Kudu in front.
Giraffe on the bottom right.

Time will tell if my guesses are correct. :)

View attachment 199770

No kudu Wayne ! Nyala, Waterbuck, bushbuck, giraffe, and warthog were the trophies!
 
My son got very excited and decided to unpack the Big Crate last night even though I'm out of town. He called a couple of friends over so the big work is done.
image.jpg

My son's 6'2 friend standing beside the giraffe. Bryson shot this animal with Pieter Erasmus of. Pawprint Safaris back in 2015.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
image-2.jpg

Full body mount of 16.5 inch bushbuck I got last year with Pieter!
 
Dammit Charlie, I can't decide if I should admire your work ethic to leave without checking everything out or your cunning plan to make your son do all the hard work! LOL. Either way well played Sir! Looks great! Can't wait to see them set up
 
Very nice Charlie! Bet you cant wait to get home! Cant wait to see the pics of the "updated" trophy room!
 
Very pretty bushbuck!
 
Charlie, what were the dimensions of that crate? Others may need them for planning purposes. I'm looking forward to a future visit to your "man-cave" and enjoying a glass of your good Bourbon on the rocks.
Hey im in on that!
 
Very nice like the son unpacking and brining into the house option. Well played sir!
 
Damn beautiful bushbuck Charlie! Looking forward to the rest of the pics!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,532
Members
169,753
Latest member
ShielaErsk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top