The one and only

And changed. Elephant change you.
At a Kariba Tiger Tournament some years ago the lion lager louts were taunting an elephant and she threw the one guy into a tree. Someone asked "did he survive?"
the answer was "yes, he is just a different shape".

North America -ELK
Africa-Buffalo

Looks like a few other guys have had the same idea. if you would have asked me that 25 years ago, I hadn't been to Africa yet and I would have said North America-BEARS. But after about the 12th or 13th bear it started to feel like I would rather be hunting in shorts with Africana gear,..... it just goes to show how one evolves over time.

North America-Pronghorn
Africa-Warthogs

I've never had a desire to hunt elephant. Seems like a popular reply here. I do think leopard would be exciting but can't stomach the fee when success is generally low.
I have done a wild buff hunt that was great but truth be told I think a giant kudu gets me harder than anything else :A Banana: . So put me down for a 60" kudu please.

Africa: Very tough choice! Having never hunted elephant, but love hunting behind dogs, I think I’d like chasing a big cat…leopard or lion…with a pack of dogs. Philip Glass’s leopard hunt with dogs still excites me.
North America: being 20-30 steps from a fine brown bear tickles my innards. Something that looks like a hairy VW bug strolling along that close just excites me.
Big game aside, it’s extremely exciting when your dog goes on point and suddenly the earth erupts around you with upland birds! Back when there were lots of sage grouse, I had a flock of over 50 that I never saw until they exploding all around me. I almost forgot to pull the trigger it was so exciting!

So far kudu and buffalo seem to be IT.
I wanna get up close with a Buff with a .375 and a Pithy
.243s all around!
Be sure to bring Bob.
North America -ELK
Africa-Buffalo

Looks like a few other guys have had the same idea. if you would have asked me that 25 years ago, I hadn't been to Africa yet and I would have said North America-BEARS. But after about the 12th or 13th bear it started to feel like I would rather be hunting in shorts with Africana gear,..... it just goes to show how one evolves over time.
I so wanna hunt bear but that requires some travel
NZ, Fallow deer
Africa, Nyala, Buffalo.
And a Warthog because they are cool.

I wasn't into the Dragon talk due to the rarity of them. But I do have a .375H&H that is considered capable of taking anything on the planet.

Dragons, well I do refer to the wife's father's other ex wife as "The Dragon" or the step dragon. Not a nice individual but that's another story.

I wanna get up close with a Buff with a .375 and a Pithy

Be sure to bring Bob.

I so wanna hunt bear but that requires some travel

And a Warthog because they are cool.

I wasn't into the Dragon talk due to the rarity of them. But I do have a .375H&H that is considered capable of taking anything on the planet.

Dragons, well I do refer to the wife's father's other ex wife as "The Dragon" or the step dragon. Not a nice individual but that's another story.
"I wanna get up close with a Buff with a .375 and a Pithy". And I'm assuming while also wearing a pair of Westly Richards shooting socks?

Baffalo, with a good rifle. To wake up pre-dawn daily making sure all the 400gr Softs and Solids chamber, whipe the dust off of the Gibbs, have a filter coffee at the fire and top up the ashbag from last nights powdery hardwood ash, before getting on the cruiser and checking waterholes and stalking into the heards. I can spend a lifetime doing that.

But there will always be a softspot for bushpig. Outwitting them on the outskirts of town on baite at night is a thrilling hunt, as is walking and stalking them in the moonlight

"I wanna get up close with a Buff with a .375 and a Pithy". And I'm assuming while also wearing a pair of Westly Richards shooting socks?
No,
I don't own any Westley Richards socks and probably can't afford them.

I have the CZ550 in .375 and I like classic things and old nostalgia etc.

I'm always saying if I go back to Africa I want to meet Kevin and shop for a Pithy.

I'll be sure to carry my Von Gruff knife because it looks classic and will go well in the photos.

Let's suppose you had to make a choice of hunting just one animal type from now on, what would it be?
My card is still pretty empty, still to get a kudu and a gemsbok which are right up there, but not as high as buffalo. If you said all I could hunt from now on is buffalo I wouldn't be put out at all, it is in my blood now. There is just something about pursuing these beautiful powerful beasts that brings a capital L to life.
Deer. Spot and stalk, mule deer. Haven't been to the Dark Continent yet, but it sounds like elephant, buffalo and eland would fall in to the same type of hunt, just lower in elevation, lol. Up close and personal where one of them flat shootin' cartridges ain't necessary.

...I do think leopard would be exciting but can't stomach the fee when success is generally low.
You do not pay the trophy fee if you do not have a shot at it. In regards to success rate, I guess depends on the outfitter. At CMS I think only one person did not get their leopard in the last two years.

I’ve told multiple people I’d give up having a deer lease tomorrow to hunt africa every year.

Of the hunts I’ve done
NA - Elk or Turkey
Africa - Buffalo or Elephant (lion on track isn’t far behind)

I think the real question is what would you give up to complete one of your bucket list hunts?

Let's suppose you had to make a choice of hunting just one animal type from now on, what would it be?
My card is still pretty empty, still to get a kudu and a gemsbok which are right up there, but not as high as buffalo. If you said all I could hunt from now on is buffalo I wouldn't be put out at all, it is in my blood now. There is just something about pursuing these beautiful powerful beasts that brings a capital L to life.
@Kevin Peacocke
If it was just on plains game animal it would have to be either Eland or Blue Wildebeest as those two are high on my bucket list.
But as I still have a few years hunting left in me my answer would be the one in my scope at the time.
Life is to short to pick just one animal.
Bob

I was asked a similar question to camp once by a dear friend who’s sense passed. His question was if you could only hunt one species legally what would you be. I answered a poacher.
@Skinnersblade
Trust you to think outside the box mate. Unlike hunting other animals poachers have been known to shoot back. No othe animal does that. If they did it would make hunting a very different game.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!