Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Let's suppose you had to make a choice of hunting just one animal type from now on, what would it be?
My card is still pretty empty, still to get a kudu and a gemsbok which are right up there, but not as high as buffalo. If you said all I could hunt from now on is buffalo I wouldn't be put out at all, it is in my blood now. There is just something about pursuing these beautiful powerful beasts that brings a capital L to life.

It's still way too early in my career to make any decision on this yet. :D
First some more hunting! Then I can find out what hunt I like the most. But a stalking hunt is my preference by far.

I made a choice at a young age to love only one woman for the rest of my life. Not sure I could do the same when it came to hunting because I love it all. Birds, antelope, deer, pigs, goats...and don't even get me started on fishing. Call me a poly-hunter if you really need a label. I'm equal opportunity hunting for all species.

Just one animal "type"? As in deer, including elk, moose, red deer, mule deer, whitetail... That would be very high. As would bovines to include all the buffalo and various wild cattle of the World. Antelope would also be a type I could happily hunt for years to come. Then I suppose predators would be broken down to types so I'd have to go with cats.

I am totally bewildered as to why, but the one specific species that has given be the worst case of "buck fever" is mule deer on my own place in SW Kansas. I got more nervous with a big buck in front of me then on elephant, lion, leopard or buffalo..... Probably because I was on my own and no PH whispering calm instructions. (other than an old Boer trying to make something of a lion that didn't exist). And with African game there is so much build up and discussion of what to expect so probably just less surprises.

But just one type at this point... glad I don't really have to choose;)

I would be torn between mule deer and coyotes... I've hunted mule deer off and on for 39 years now, only limited by drawing tags and time off work, and still get super excited. But, I do love shooting, or a lot of times, shooting at, coyotes... Plus I can hunt them pretty much all year. A lot of years, they have been the only thing I was able to hunt

Here at home... caribou. It surprises me I'm saying that because I want to say moose. I certainly like what moose gives to my freezer. But I like how goofy/odd caribou can be/act, out in the open, and I like making game plans to get close. And I love the antlers of mature bulls.

Africa? WAY too early in my African career... Probably kudu because I have nurtured a lifelong desire for them and the two I shot felt like just a beginning.

Lion or leopard. There's something sketchy about hunting an animal that considers you an easy meal.

I am not even stating a single animal with this blasphemy, but if I had to make a selection I would have to decide between what feeds me the most or what gives me most days afield, but with a decision of this magnitude my little pea of a brain shuts right down and becomes like a superball in a round room.:A Play Ball::A Me You:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katlyn74D

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,