Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
P&y, nwtf
Heading to Georgia for some early season turkey hunting then off to Oklahoma. I have posted a lot about my trip to Africa next year but many here do not know I am a turkey hunting fanatic. However I still have not completed my slam. The rio subspecies is my kryptonite. Multiple hunts and always bad luck. Last year a tornado ripped through the properties I was going to hunt the day I landed in Oklahoma. So going back again hopefully to fill my tag. Then off to Mexico with rio Sonora outfitters and chasing the Gould. Hoping for good stories and pictures to come

Love turkey hunting! Man those thing have good eyesight?

Best of luck! Look forward to some reports

Hope you get a big old tom!

Saturday is opening youth day in South Carolina!!

Our season in N.C. doesn't come in until April 8, only get to hunt for 3 days and back to work for 2 weeks, then hunt again for what ever is left of the season.
Hunted Florida for several years for Turkey & pigs lot of fun, but lost that land.
Have a great hunt, get some big hooks, and wow Gould would be awesome. Forrest

Heading to Georgia for some early season turkey hunting then off to Oklahoma. I have posted a lot about my trip to Africa next year but many here do not know I am a turkey hunting fanatic. However I still have not completed my slam. The rio subspecies is my kryptonite. Multiple hunts and always bad luck. Last year a tornado ripped through the properties I was going to hunt the day I landed in Oklahoma. So going back again hopefully to fill my tag. Then off to Mexico with rio Sonora outfitters and chasing the Gould. Hoping for good stories and pictures to come
If OK does not work out let me know. Turkeys are almost a pest here!
Regards,
Philip

Good luck and hope you have some good luck. I have been fighting off the turkey hunting bug for years but almost ready to give in and start chasing more then the eastern I have in Pa. Looking forward to some nice turkey pictures when your done.

I got my slam a few years ago. I have had good luck with Rios, I got one a few years ago that had a 12 1/4 inch beard. My tough one was the Merriam. I ended up getting mine in a blizzard, turkey hunting in the snow is no fun. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to here your stories. I hope to do some in VA and MD, usually May is when I do pretty good on Turkeys here, but the season doesn't come till Mid April so until then I am living vicariously through you!

I got my slam a few years ago. I have had good luck with Rios, I got one a few years ago that had a 12 1/4 inch beard. My tough one was the Merriam. I ended up getting mine in a blizzard, turkey hunting in the snow is no fun. I wish you the best of luck and can't wait to here your stories. I hope to do some in VA and MD, usually May is when I do pretty good on Turkeys here, but the season doesn't come till Mid April so until then I am living vicariously through you!
I'll definitely post some pictures. Maybe the goulds photo will convince you to cash in on those bonus points!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Mexico. Someday I will kill a turkey.....any turkey.....I'm a turkey loser!

I've never been a good turkey hunter. My hat is off to you guys. Very sneaky birds. Good luck!

I've had much better luck picking a few chicks up at the hardware store in the spring, and feeding them heavily until fall. My heaviest broad breasted bronze out of the last batch was 55 lbs... I guess that's a low fence penned hunt! ;)

I've never been a good turkey hunter. My hat is off to you guys. Very sneaky birds. Good luck!

I've had much better luck picking a few chicks up at the hardware store in the spring, and feeding them heavily until fall. My heaviest broad breasted bronze out of the last batch was 55 lbs... I guess that's a low fence penned hunt! ;)
This is my kind of turkey hunting. Should have been more specific

IMG_3913.JPG

I've never hunted turkeys before, but I know where I'm going when the time is right. I saw hundreds at @gizmo's Rockin G Ranch last year when I was there. On the first morning I saw more turkeys in the first half hour than I've seen in my life. Could be why the closest town is named Turkey? ;)

Ready for the frozen food section. 30 yards. Just need a little to the left.

IMG_3915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I bet it was a tasty bird though:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I bet it was a tasty bird though:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Yes, sir! They are a lot less gamie when you "pen hunt" them. ;)

I've got four turkeys on the back porch now that are no bigger than a sparrow at the moment. They'll be 35-40 lbs by the end of summer... Yep! I'm one heck of a turkey hunter. Lol!

IMG_0958.JPG

I've got four turkeys on the back porch now that are no bigger than a sparrow at the moment. They'll be 35-40 lbs by the end of summer... Yep! I'm one heck of a turkey hunter. Lol!

I grew up on a farm. We raised everything we ate: chicken, ducks, turkey, rabbit, beef and vegetables.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherrillGl

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg