Swift A Frame Results

TOBY458 - Maybe a silly question here, but what caliber were you using?
I assumed a 458 judging by your name but you didn't say.

Beautiful trophies, I especially like the looks of that Burchell zebra with the shadow stripes.
Congratulations.

TOBY458 - Maybe a silly question here, but what caliber were you using?
I assumed a 458 judging by your name but you didn't say.

Beautiful trophies, I especially like the looks of that Burchell zebra with the shadow stripes.
Congratulations.
I used a 416 Rem Mag on the Buffalo, and 375 H&H on the rest. Funny thing is, I don't currently own a 458! Except if you count a 45/70 lever gun.

Very nice buffalo. Great bullet performance. Sounds like a fantastic hunt. Congratulations

I used a 416 Rem Mag on the Buffalo, and 375 H&H on the rest. Funny thing is, I don't currently own a 458! Except if you count a 45/70 lever gun.
Hell yes a 45-70 counts...it's a 458 caliber.
Now using a 45-70 lever gun on a DG hunt is a different story...
One best saved for another discussion.

Hey Toby, great pic of all your trophies, it was a real pleasure hunt with you I hope we can do it again.

Great trophies Toby and was good meeting you in the firearms clearance line in Atlanta!

My Bride and I are training for our 2019 Namibian Leopard Safari. We shoot "Off the Sticks" with 375 Ruger with 300 grain Swift A-Frames on a 6inch AR500 1/2 steel plate...
Ranges from 100, 200 & 300 yards... @ 200 Yards the 300 gr A-frames @ 2600 fps put divots in the steel you can see at 200 yards in the spotting scope. They'er close to 1/16" deep

After 350 rounds we had to flip the plate...Bad Ass Bullet!

My Bride and I are training for our 2019 Namibian Leopard Safari. We shoot "Off the Sticks" with 375 Ruger with 300 grain Swift A-Frames on a 6inch AR500 1/2 steel plate...
Ranges from 100, 200 & 300 yards... @ 200 Yards the 300 gr A-frames @ 2600 fps put divots in the steel you can see at 200 yards in the spotting scope. They'er close to 1/16" deep

Sounds like you're all set!

Wife and I are doing the same practice off sticks every week for our 2019 safari in South Africa.
Currently using up some older ammo, but will be getting into the Swift box soon.
Good to hear the plate damage at such a range.
Wife is shooting a 270Win and mine is a 375H&H.

Are you each shooting your own 375 Ruger?

Took the buff in my avitar with 300 grain Swift AFrames out of my 375 Ruger. Honestly I will use them again on my next DG hunt. Devastating bullet. I wouldn’t use anything else. Congratulations on some fine trophies.

Are you each shooting your own 375 Ruger

Yes M77 Guide Gun
My bride switched to our 375 giving up on her 30-06. She can shoot a "Dangerous Game Rifle" just as well as her T/C Encore.
Saving us all that extra hassle of a two gun travel.

Yes M77 Guide Gun
My bride switched to our 375 giving up on her 30-06. She can shoot a "Dangerous Game Rifle" just as well as her T/C Encore.
Saving us all that extra hassle of a two gun travel.
Or...glass half full...opens up the door for you to look at a rifle with a caliber starting with a 4
How much more trouble is two gun travel really.

Toby458, not only did you take your fair share and then some of nice trophies but you are also a great guy to share a campfire and a beer with. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned your fondness for plucking a six string, writing and singing Country Music. From our first meeting at the lounge in Atlanta it was obvious that you are a man of many talents. Our Group Hunt was a blast, hopefully other AH members will pick up on the idea and turn "virtual" friendships into real ones.

Toby458, not only did you take your fair share and then some of nice trophies but you are also a great guy to share a campfire and a beer with. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned your fondness for plucking a six string, writing and singing Country Music. From our first meeting at the lounge in Atlanta it was obvious that you are a man of many talents. Our Group Hunt was a blast, hopefully other AH members will pick up on the idea and turn "virtual" friendships into real ones.
Thanks Art! I really enjoyed meeting and being on safari with you as well! Would love to do it again!

Nice post..........thanks..........................I love that heavy oryx, and that impala is a good one too. Excellent trophies.....................congrats to you and your PH's........FWB

I used 500gr A Frames on Cape Buff out of my 458 Lott. Always gave excellent results with over 90% retention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg