AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
My wife and I were walking up and down the aisles at SCI and met @Sue Tidwell , we let her know how much we enjoyed her book. I found out that the book is also available as a audiobook. So for those that perfer that format you are in luck. I am kinda old fashion and perfer a solid book I can hold in my hands. Enjoyed a very nice conversation. We hope she continues to write books.

My wife and I were walking up and down the aisles at SCI and met @Sue Tidwell , we let her know how much we enjoyed her book. I found out that the book is also available as a audiobook. So for those that perfer that format you are in luck. I am kinda old fashion and perfer a solid book I can hold in my hands. Enjoyed a very nice conversation. We hope she continues to write books.
Dave, it was so nice to chat with you and your wife. I really enjoyed it! Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a few minutes. That is one of the things so great about these events. I get to meet "in person" my social media friends. Enjoy the rest of the show. There is so much to see and do! Sue

Sue,

What booth do you have your books at here in Nashville? I’d like to stop by and pick one up today. Thanks

Sue,

What booth do you have your books at here in Nashville? I’d like to stop by and pick one up today. Thanks
I’m hanging out at booth 2161 but will be gone today for a few hours for the sables luncheon. There are signed books there but if you want it more personalized, stop by after 2 today. The luncheon is from 10-2 but I’m going to try to sneak out early. Hope to see ya! Sue

couple weeks ago my wife was having a knee replaced (her second one) and I was reading Sue's book when the Dr. came out saw it and took a look and said I am going to buy this and he got on Amazon and bought it, I love reading her work. by the way my wife told me since she will be able to walk good again she would go to Africa next year. YEA

couple weeks ago my wife was having a knee replaced (her second one) and I was reading Sue's book when the Dr. came out saw it and took a look and said I am going to buy this and he got on Amazon and bought it, I love reading her work. by the way my wife told me since she will be able to walk good again she would go to Africa next year. YEA
Oh my gosh @Hyde Hunter, you made my day on many levels. It's great knowing you were reading my book and loving it, that the doctor saw it and ordered it right away, and BEST OF ALL your wife is going to join you in Africa. That is so wonderful. I hope your wife's knee replacement goes well. Thanks so much for reaching out and letting me know. When I get overwhelmed by everything, words like yours keep me going. Thank you SO much! Sue.

Oh my gosh @Hyde Hunter, you made my day on many levels. It's great knowing you were reading my book and loving it, that the doctor saw it and ordered it right away, and BEST OF ALL your wife is going to join you in Africa. That is so wonderful. I hope your wife's knee replacement goes well. Thanks so much for reaching out and letting me know. When I get overwhelmed by everything, words like yours keep me going. Thank you SO much! Sue.
thank you, she is doing very well and the first one 3 months ago went very well also, I think I will have to get your audiobook for her as she is not much of a reader anymore, might just be a good idea as a gift for our 50th anniversary since after all these years I have one heck of a time buying for her

thank you, she is doing very well and the first one 3 months ago went very well also, I think I will have to get your audiobook for her as she is not much of a reader anymore, might just be a good idea as a gift for our 50th anniversary since after all these years I have one heck of a time buying for her
Wow, HAPPY 50th Anniversary! That is wonderful and not something that many people get to celebrate these days. AND, yes, buying gifts seems to get harder and harder. I, myself, am LOVING audiobooks these days. I can listen while I'm on my walks, cleaning, doing dishes, driving, etc. They allow me to read/listen to so many more books than I normally could. The problem is, I still buy the print version as well....especially if it's a book about Africa. So, the audiobook would be a great gift for your wife. I've had quite a few people tell me they enjoyed the audible version even more than the print version because of the emotion, etc., in my voice. PLUS, the audio has the actual sounds of lions, hyenas, elephants, etc. Not everywhere, but just enough for people to hear what I was hearing. And again, Happy Anniversary! Sue

PS. Make sure your wife has earbuds to listen! It makes it 200% better. I tried listening to books by just laying my phone on the table, but it was too easy to get distracted. I've heard the same thing from others. But, if you have earbuds in, you get totally engrossed in the book and stay focused. Just a suggestion. So if she doesn't have earbuds, there is another gift idea for you!

Hi @Sue Tidwell, I’m enjoying your book on this warm afternoon, courtesy of @Rare Breed . My pooches decided to join me too. :)

IMG_1680.jpeg

Hi @Sue Tidwell, I’m enjoying your book on this warm afternoon, courtesy of @Rare Breed . My pooches decided to join me too. :)

View attachment 591155
Ahhh @PARA45, I'm so excited you are enjoying the book....thanks to @Rare Breed. It does look like your pups are pretty happy with the afternoon as well. Also, I LOVE that you sent a picture with the book. I really enjoy it when people do that. Your picture is the first with dogs AND a cigar. LOVE it! The other day I received a picture with my book, a gun, a rosary, and a few other things. He tried posting it with a review on Amazon but it got denied. Go figure. LOL. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing the picture with me and that you are enjoying the read so far. I really appreciate it. Happy reading and happy adventures. Sue

I found this book on Hoopla. Thanks Sue
Awesome! Hoopla is in audio. Correct? I have the audiobook in a distributor service but honestly I don't know exactly how it all works. LOL. I hope you like the animal sounds. Happy listening! Sue

Yes Hoopla makes audio books available through local libraries. I believe the libraries pay a fee for every audio book the gets downloaded through them.

Yes Hoopla makes audio books available through local libraries. I believe the libraries pay a fee for every audio book the gets downloaded through them.
Okay, that is what I thought. I just wasn’t sure how it worked. Thanks for explaining. Enjoy the book!

The review is there, slightly edited to exclude the gun. . .View attachment 591202
YAY, thank you so much @Firebird! I appreciate the awesome picture with the book....and for resubmitting the review to Amazon. They are terrible about reviews...and (in my opinion) look for any reason to deny them. It means so much to me that you took the time to edit the picture and resubmit it. Reviews are so critical for the algorithms, etc.

On a side note, I'm in panic mode because my instagram seems to have disappeared. I'm praying it is only a glitch, but with censorship, who knows? While trying to post a video about taxidermy not being evil, etc., my followers disappeared....and it is asking me to set up a new profile. I'm trying to remain calm. If you see my profile etc from your end, please let me know. Thank you! And again, thank you so much for reposting the review...and for the picture! Sue

I listened to it a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and Sue's perspective. Only complaint I had is I thought the added sound effects were kind of cheesy and took away from the actual content.

I loved Sue's book. I went to send to my sister on other side of Canada but our post office wanted $30 to send. Amazon delivered a new one for cost of book. Now my sister has enjoyed as much as I did. My original now enjoys a place on bookshelf, waiting for someone to enjoy.

Thanks Sue. Good job.

MB

Great news..............I knew that learning to read was over rated.............gonna get this on audio............FWB

I listened to it a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it and Sue's perspective. Only complaint I had is I thought the added sound effects were kind of cheesy and took away from the actual content.
Thanks for the feedback @Milo. I did worry that some people would not enjoy the sounds of the animals....but I was trying to make people feel like they were there on safari with me...especially people who have never been to Africa. I tried not to overdo it, but maybe I still did. Some people do like the sounds, though. At least, that is what they have told me. Anyway, thanks again for listening to the book and for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it overall. All the best, Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.