Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI International, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
RSA, Limpopo region,NorthWest Province, VaalWater and Free State New Zealand
I would like to start with saying that Pieter has a first class operation there. I happened to purchase the hunt at the KCSCI club dinner auction. After a brief discussion with Pieter after the banquet, we were able to finalize the date and my hunt was booked. This being my 4th trip to the Limpopo region to hunt I was aware of the drive to the area, coming in at 9 pm, we opted to have PawPrint pick us up at the hotel in the morning after breakfast. Proppy was at the hotel to pick us up right on time. The ride to Bulule Lodge was uneventful but the company was great. We got to the lodge and got set up in our room and was informed that lunch was being served. I can not say enough about the Kudu burgers that we were fed. That Claudius is a true chef. After a few shots at the range to zero in the guns we were off to the concession down the road as it was getting into mid-afternoon. We were met at the front gate by the land owner and he gave us a brief report on the animals and we were off. We immediately started seeing animals and the hunt was on for a zebra. After seeing a few nice herds and unable to get on them, we shifted our attention to giraffe. After spotting as nice bull from about 600 yds we worked our way towards him and the other 2 bulls with him. Proppy kept us in the cover and got us to to 75 yds away. After discussing the possible shots that I had, Proppy and I decided that the best shot would be a neck shot. By this time the bull had spotted us and was looking over a bush at us. The sticks went up and I rested the 308 on the top of the sticks. A shot 12 inches below his chin hit the vertebrae and the bull fell forward and with a thud hit the ground. We approached the bull and he was still alive and trying to get up. He was going nowhere. Proppy handed me his handgun and I finished him off with a shot to the boiler maker. The bull measured almost 18 ft from his head to the tip of his tail. He was a nice dark color and I was very happy with this trophy. The skinners decided that it would be best to cape and process it where it lay. Tarps and knives were brought in and the work began as it was getting dark. We all headed back to the lodge for some of Claudius' excellent cooking. The next day we up for a quick breakfast and off to a new concession for white blesbuck. After a short hunt for them we came across a herd of blesbuck with probably 150 in the herd. There were quite a few nice whites in there as well and the stalk was on. After chasing them around for awhile,we were finally able to get on them and I took a nice ram. I really like the yellow color of the horns of the white blesboks. Next it was off for a white springbuck to complete my grandslam. We came up on a herd of springbucks and was able to pick one off from about 150 yds. However the shot was off and I hit him in the jaw. Dang near blew the whole thing off! He took off with the rest of the herd and then the fun began. We were able to find the herd again and I was able to finish him off. Grandslam complete. After a couple of more animals on the third day(zebra and gemsbok) it was off to meet my next PH for another safari for 10 days with him. Pieter and his wife are some real down to earth, beautiful people. They surrounded them selves with first class people as well. The operation runs smoothly and there are plenty of quality animals on the concessions that I saw and hunted. Jonathan and Proppy are 2 really knowledgeable PH's as well and alot of fun to hunt with. Claudius is the chef we all wish we could be. He has a 21 day menu, meaning you will not eat the same meal for another 3 weeks. But I would eat any of his meals 3 days in a row and not complain. LOL I highly recommend them to the experienced or the first time African hunter. I will try to upload pics soon, I am having trouble finding them on this computer. Sonny

FB_IMG_1507467048323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you enjoyed your hunt.
Look forward to your pictures.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Thank you Sonny, it was a privilege having you.

Thanks for sharing! Look forward to some pics of your time over there

Sonny we missed you a the last KCSCI meeting. Glad you had such a good hunt. I agree Claudius can do wonders with game meat.
Pieter and the team have not failed me in three visits and I do like his new lodge!

Thanks and congrats on a successful hunt.

Great hunt Sunny, I look foward to seeing you at the KCSCI meetings.

Congrats on your hunt. Look forward to photos.

Congrats for a successful hunt !

Thanks for the report Sonny! Sounds like an exciting hunt!

Thanks for the hunt report!

You no what they say Sonny if we don't see pictures the hunt didn't happen!

Some of them
FB_IMG_1507467048323.jpg
FB_IMG_1507467014776.jpg
FB_IMG_1507467005612.jpg

Congrats on the hunt sir!!

Thank you Pieter for the pics. I still cant get mine loaded, (computer illiterate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.