Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI International, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
RSA, Limpopo region,NorthWest Province, VaalWater and Free State New Zealand
I would like to start with saying that Pieter has a first class operation there. I happened to purchase the hunt at the KCSCI club dinner auction. After a brief discussion with Pieter after the banquet, we were able to finalize the date and my hunt was booked. This being my 4th trip to the Limpopo region to hunt I was aware of the drive to the area, coming in at 9 pm, we opted to have PawPrint pick us up at the hotel in the morning after breakfast. Proppy was at the hotel to pick us up right on time. The ride to Bulule Lodge was uneventful but the company was great. We got to the lodge and got set up in our room and was informed that lunch was being served. I can not say enough about the Kudu burgers that we were fed. That Claudius is a true chef. After a few shots at the range to zero in the guns we were off to the concession down the road as it was getting into mid-afternoon. We were met at the front gate by the land owner and he gave us a brief report on the animals and we were off. We immediately started seeing animals and the hunt was on for a zebra. After seeing a few nice herds and unable to get on them, we shifted our attention to giraffe. After spotting as nice bull from about 600 yds we worked our way towards him and the other 2 bulls with him. Proppy kept us in the cover and got us to to 75 yds away. After discussing the possible shots that I had, Proppy and I decided that the best shot would be a neck shot. By this time the bull had spotted us and was looking over a bush at us. The sticks went up and I rested the 308 on the top of the sticks. A shot 12 inches below his chin hit the vertebrae and the bull fell forward and with a thud hit the ground. We approached the bull and he was still alive and trying to get up. He was going nowhere. Proppy handed me his handgun and I finished him off with a shot to the boiler maker. The bull measured almost 18 ft from his head to the tip of his tail. He was a nice dark color and I was very happy with this trophy. The skinners decided that it would be best to cape and process it where it lay. Tarps and knives were brought in and the work began as it was getting dark. We all headed back to the lodge for some of Claudius' excellent cooking. The next day we up for a quick breakfast and off to a new concession for white blesbuck. After a short hunt for them we came across a herd of blesbuck with probably 150 in the herd. There were quite a few nice whites in there as well and the stalk was on. After chasing them around for awhile,we were finally able to get on them and I took a nice ram. I really like the yellow color of the horns of the white blesboks. Next it was off for a white springbuck to complete my grandslam. We came up on a herd of springbucks and was able to pick one off from about 150 yds. However the shot was off and I hit him in the jaw. Dang near blew the whole thing off! He took off with the rest of the herd and then the fun began. We were able to find the herd again and I was able to finish him off. Grandslam complete. After a couple of more animals on the third day(zebra and gemsbok) it was off to meet my next PH for another safari for 10 days with him. Pieter and his wife are some real down to earth, beautiful people. They surrounded them selves with first class people as well. The operation runs smoothly and there are plenty of quality animals on the concessions that I saw and hunted. Jonathan and Proppy are 2 really knowledgeable PH's as well and alot of fun to hunt with. Claudius is the chef we all wish we could be. He has a 21 day menu, meaning you will not eat the same meal for another 3 weeks. But I would eat any of his meals 3 days in a row and not complain. LOL I highly recommend them to the experienced or the first time African hunter. I will try to upload pics soon, I am having trouble finding them on this computer. Sonny

FB_IMG_1507467048323.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Glad you enjoyed your hunt.
Look forward to your pictures.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Glad to hear you had a good time.

peras

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
PHASA HSC
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
Thank you Sonny, it was a privilege having you.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Thanks for sharing! Look forward to some pics of your time over there

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Sonny we missed you a the last KCSCI meeting. Glad you had such a good hunt. I agree Claudius can do wonders with game meat.
Pieter and the team have not failed me in three visits and I do like his new lodge!

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Thanks and congrats on a successful hunt.

Art Lambart II

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Great hunt Sunny, I look foward to seeing you at the KCSCI meetings.

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Congrats on your hunt. Look forward to photos.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for a successful hunt !

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Thanks for the report Sonny! Sounds like an exciting hunt!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Thanks for the hunt report!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
You no what they say Sonny if we don't see pictures the hunt didn't happen!

peras

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
PHASA HSC
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
Some of them
FB_IMG_1507467048323.jpg
FB_IMG_1507467014776.jpg
FB_IMG_1507467005612.jpg

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Congrats on the hunt sir!!

sonnyn913

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI International, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
RSA, Limpopo region,NorthWest Province, VaalWater and Free State New Zealand
Thank you Pieter for the pics. I still cant get mine loaded, (computer illiterate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisgagliardo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh