SOUTH AFRICA: First timer with KMG Hunting Safaris

jahu

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NJFF
Hunting in Africa has been on my to-do list for some time. I chose KMG after having received several very positive references from fellow hunters here in Norway and do not regret this choice for one second. The week from 28 of april to 5th has by far been the best hunting experience I have ever had. Thanks to Marius I not only managed to get the animals I wanted, but also learnt tons about the game and stalking the animals. We really had to work for our food and were outsmarted especially by the Impalas on several very exiting stalks.
I have not been crawling around on my stomack so much since I played "cowboys and indians" in the forests around Oslo close to 60 years ago. Even the back side of my lovely wife was seen boobing up an down in the grass following the stalk. Her face appearing from time to time with a big smile on it. Great fun!!!!!
In addition to the very successful (have a look on KMG's facebook site) and execptionally well organized hunting which took place on 4 different locations , the accomodation and food was really above expectations and just exellent, as was the company of Marius and Hendrick. Also thanks to Hendrick for valuable assistance on spotting the animals as well as taking care of my wife when Marius and myself finished the stalks.
All in all a fabulous experience, which like Champagne tastes "more". To my norwegian hunting colleagues on the forum: Do not hesitate to contact me for more info.
jahu
Oslo, Norway

Congrats on a fine hunt with Marius and Welcome to AH! we would love to see some pics, what animals did you take?

Thanks for posting your hunt report jahu, glad to hear that you had a fabulous experience with KMG! Share some some pictures with us...

First timer with KMG

Here are the photos:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Best regards
jahu
Oslo, Norway

Congrats on a great hunt and very nice trophies, Jahu, I specially like the warthog !

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful photos, I am hunting with KMG next year.
Is that your rifle? Are suppressors legal in Norway? In the United States they are "legal" but a hassle and very expensive and most states do not allow hunting with one (sometimes we make no sense at all....)

Thanks for the hunt report and pictures. That is really nice kudu, all very good animals!

Thanks for the follow up pics you took some very nice trophies. :thumb:

Jahu, congrats on the hunt, looks like you had a great time!

Marius, looks like another happy hunter, see you in two months!

Jahu

Nice report for you and your wife.

Your picture of your trophy's are and added plus.

A question which trophy was special on your safari. I know from experience that one trophy stands out or always over rides the others in your thought of a safari well done. Could be the difficultly of the stalk or the elusiveness of quarry or a shot well done.

Thank you for the heart felt report.
These are the ones you can really see are genuine.

Thanks for the hunting report and the pictures. I love your old wildebeest. Have you started planning your next hunt to africa yet?

Congrats with a great hunt and some great trophies! :)
Thanks for sharing.

I am going to Marius myself in July this year.

Hopefully I will do as good as you did.

I believe you stayed there together with Odd.
He is clearly very happy with his experience with KMG Safaris too.

And greyfox, suppressors are totally legal in Norway and you don't need a license or anything to buy and use them.
We just buy it and use it :)

And greyfox, suppressors are totally legal in Norway and you don't need a license or anything to buy and use them.
We just buy it and use it :)

Totally prohibited here. Can't have them at all, never mind use one.
You guys are lucky.

Hi.
As confirmed by Norwegianwood silencers are free to purchase and use in Norway. The gun belongs to Marius. I very seldom bring my own gun abroad. Too much hazzle and red tape. The guns I have borrowed have never posed me any problems as to hitting where the crosshair points. Marius gun is a proper work horse built on a Mauser 98 action. It's a .308 cal which uses max loaded cartriges with 130grs monolithic bullets. I was at first sceptic about the for me unusually light bullets, but my oh my did they do the job properly!!!! As a consequence I will in my own 30-06 for this years moose hunt change from Barnes 180 grs to 150 grs.
Best regs
Jahu
Oslo, Norway

Wow! Does it get any better? And you were able to share it with your wife. Sweet. Felicitations.

Marius runs a great operation.

Very nice job and thanks so much for sharing your story and photos. My personal favorite with Marius was the Kudu and Duiker. I went to Africa wanting a kudu and left with a much greater admiration for them. I will hunt them again someday. The duiker has made me want to chase the tiny ten.
Randy

Hi Jan, seems like you had a great time:) quite the trophy bag!!
Been there myself and Marius does not let you down!
Glad det ble som du ønsket Jan:) helt konge!

Thanks for the **NOT**PERMITTED** Jan. Some very nice trophies there. Gratulerer!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg