SOUTH AFRICA: Eliot Hunts With Karoo Wild Safaris On His First Ever African Hunting Safari

KAROO WILD Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
ECGMA, PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
Eliot joined us for a 10 day hunting safari, his first hunting trip to Africa. He hunted with Arnold as his PH using my 7x64 Brenneke and 375 Ruger.

The guys hunted hard the first few days having some exceptional luck with Nyala, Springbuck and Burchell's zebra. On the afternoon of the third day they spotted a large Kudu bull from afar and put in a long, tricky stalk. The bull was surrounded by a herd of younger bulls and cows and it was a difficult stalk. Eliot made a good 180 yard shot shortly after sunset to bag a world class Kudu bull. No doubt the highlight in an already successful hunting trip.

img_0055_copy.jpg
img_0083_copy.jpg
img_0136_copy.jpg
img_0094_copy.jpg
img_0103_copy.jpg

I guided Eliot on his Eland bull. We were hunting plum in the middle of the Eland rut and all the Eland were off the surrounding mountains and in the plains chasing after the cows. in the short time before we were began our stalk we spotted a 170 Eland in a 25 square mile plain. We identified a old, exceptionally long horned bull and waited patiently for him to emerge from behind some cows. Our firing line was briefly impeded by some brush for several heart stopping moments. We knew we were too close and were within a whisper from being spotted when Eliot grabbed his opportunity, the 375 bullet knocking the bull over. Two follow up shots later we could approach and admire the magnificent Eland.

img_2309_copy.jpg
img_2313_copy.jpg

Over the course of the next 5 days, Eliot and Arnold successfully hunted a cull Blue Wildebeest cow, a Blesbok and two Impala. He completed his spiral slam with a thrilling stalk on a lone Bushbuck ram emerging into the open form the thick bush.

img_0155_copy.jpg
img_0160_copy.jpg
img_0174_copy.jpg
img_0187_copy.jpg
img_0195_copy.jpg

It was a fantastic 10 days of hunting with Eliot and we thoroughly enjoyed his company, excellent hunting and many laughs. We hope our paths will cross again someday soon.

Guest Comments -

Hunting with Karoo Wild Safaris marked my first African hunt, a lifelong goal. The hunting areas in the Eastern Cape are beautiful, rugged and majestic. I couldn’t have asked for better hunting country. The quality of the game was superb, exceeding my wildest expectations. Victor and Lindsay run a first rate operation, with first class food and wine, fantastic service, and better accommodations than I deserve.

Arnold, my PH, was absolutely top notch! I’d hunt anywhere in the world with Arnold. Patient, personable, and experienced, he repeatedly guided me to trophy class animals and had the highest possible standards on which animals to harvest, never settling for anything but the best. Victor’s experience, and great instincts, led him to hire such a phenomenal PH as Arnold.

I was fortunate to harvest some absolutely monster trophies, and when I wasn’t shooting, I was enjoying the wonderful terrain, mountain views and the pleasant company of Victor’s staff and fellow hunters. You cannot go wrong with Karoo Wild Safaris, they have my strongest possible recommendation for your next hunt! I will be booking my next African adventure with Karoo Wild Safaris.

Beautiful trophies...Congrats!

Well done, congrats to all. Some very nice critters.

That first trip to Africa is always special. Looks like you spoiled Eliot. How is he going to top this on his next safari?
Congratulations on a job well done.

Congrats to the hunter and thanks for sharing!

Great trophies for a first timer. Congratulations to Eliot.
Victor, you have certainly has set the bar high, what a magnificant Kudu.
It looks very dry, are the rains late?

Congratulations to the hunter and your team. I think the animals are beautiful!

WOW! Some fine trophies!

Great trophies for a first timer. Congratulations to Eliot.
Victor, you have certainly has set the bar high, what a magnificant Kudu.
It looks very dry, are the rains late?

Thanks Neale. This was in September. Our first summer rains only came in January. We’ve received 100mm already, so set for a good year hopefully if it continues.

Definitely sounds like a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg