So They Want A Lock In Each Hole?

You have me scrabbling to get some locks! I have 2 already, but I'll have to get more:whistle::whistle::whistle:

great fix, well done! I'm gonna look at mine and fix if needed!

You have me scrabbling to get some locks! I have 2 already, but I'll have to get more:whistle::whistle::whistle:
I bought the Masterlock Bulldog TSA locks from a Cabelas store. They are stronger than the others. Then when searching online I came across the kind that show it's been opened. Might look into those.
You need extra locks anyway in case they are cut or damaged. I got all the way to Austria with no locks for my ammo Box and was in trouble!
Philip

Here is to show the type of lock that @Philip Glass is referring to, a TSA Lock with Open Alert Indicator.

81QpHCTKEoL._SL1500_.jpeg
61eSZDTbORL._SL1000_.jpeg
81H+sMA1AcL._SL1500_.jpeg
81aDjyBiHcL._SL1500_.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 8.28.17 AM.png

I got all the way to Austria with no locks for my ammo Box and was in trouble!

I am hanging out in Frankfurt right now. Do you need me to bring you some locks. I am sure they a Home Depot some where around here.;)

One key opens all locks, what could be easier.

A Tuffpak case with a single lock to open. :cool:

And to be clear on the TSA locks. they are NOT required for a gun case. In fact, you're actually not supposed to use them (here in the states) for a gun case. Requirements of a gun case lock is that only the owner have access. They are not to be opened.

Last edited:

And to be clear on the TSA locks. they are NOT required for a gun case. In fact, you're actually not supposed to use them (here in the states) for a gun case. Requirements of a gun case lock is that only the ownder have access. They are not to be opened.

My guns my responsibility. If you want to see them come get me.

And as shocking as it may seem, TSA actually agrees with you!

And as shocking as it may seem, TSA actually agrees with you!

Usually me and the local sheriff or game warden can come to an agreement. Now me and the federalles getting together, well it must be a blue moon tonight;)

And to be clear on the TSA locks. they are NOT required for a gun case. In fact, you're actually not supposed to use them (here in the states) for a gun case. Requirements of a gun case lock is that only the owner have access. They are not to be opened.

BS

Doesn't work that way. Sorry. They will cut them if they can't get in to them. I just had one lock lost and one damaged on arrival in JNB. They definitely opened them out of my presence before leaving USA.
Maybe just bring lots of locks what ever kind you prefer!
Philip

For you Tuffpack guys the Delta gate agent said specifically when flying to JNB NO Clothing in gun case. I had her read it twice. She said anything else ok but no clothing.
Just wanted to pass that along.
Philip

For you Tuffpack guys the Delta gate agent said specifically when flying to JNB NO Clothing in gun case. I had her read it twice. She said anything else ok but no clothing.
Just wanted to pass that along.
Philip

That was my experience with KLM

That was my experience with KLM

KLM yes. Delta no. I even just double checked their website to see if anything had changed.

Something that has changed is weight of ammo for Delta. They specifically call out that the weight of the case is INCLUDED in the weight of ammo.

KLM yes. Delta no. I even just double checked their website to see if anything had changed.

Something that has changed is weight of ammo for Delta. They specifically call out that the weight of the case is INCLUDED in the weight of ammo.
I was just in DFW and gate agent read me the rules for flying a gun to RSA and the bulletin says NO clothing in gun bag! Everything is else you want to pack in there is ok.
It's BS that TSA locks are specifically prohibited from use on a gun case! Probably half of the two dozen that just showed in at Tambo had them.
Philip

Doesn't work that way. Sorry. They will cut them if they can't get in to them. I just had one lock lost and one damaged on arrival in JNB. They definitely opened them out of my presence before leaving USA.
Maybe just bring lots of locks what ever kind you prefer!
Philip

I am sure they can open the case without me. They will have to work at it. However I am just waiting for my rifles and other bag to meet up with me in Windhoek. Not missing any hunting yet just a tourist day.

As regards to clothing in the gun case. I read an article from John Schaffer in outdoor life on how he packs his clothing around his bow when he flies. Can you still do this as the article was a couple years old. Also does anyone know about bow cases and locks.

Ps thanks for the heads up on the locks

Cliffy on AH is a former pilot and he said no TSA locks as the regs clearly state only the owner must have access. TSA have always plucked me from the departure lounge when they wanted to inspect my guns. US Customs in Montreal wanted me present during the inspection. I just don't use TSA locks on my gun cases. I do carry extra locks as the Baggage Manglers broke one last trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you