So the 308 Win seems approved by AH, what about the rifle?

Agree always wanted one in 358 but never could justify it
@colorado
Mate that you always wanted one is good enough justification.
The 308 is good but the 358 is more of a good thing. It just plain and simple works
Bob

Nope but I have a BDL in 270 which I love, a 30-30 handed down to me, a Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby Mag and a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. Seems like a spot is open for a BLR in 358
Absolutely! Watched one on Gunbroker sell for $891 a few days ago but, most go for more. Almost jumped on that one myself. :)

I got the takedown model several years ago. Took it to Neil Jones to get the trigger down to 3 lbs and won’t part with it now. It is light short accurate and deadly on everything I point it at. Plus it is a nice looking rifle that packs into a 24” case with scope for travel. Loaded with 225 grain Corbons it is a hammer. Recoil about like a 30-06 shooting 180 grains.

Nope but I have a BDL in 270 which I love, a 30-30 handed down to me, a Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby Mag and a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery. Seems like a spot is open for a BLR in 358
@colorado
Once you get a 358 you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner. Loaded with a 225 grain Sierra BTGK and go have fun
A BLR in 358 demands a premium in OZ If'n you can get one.
Bob

@colorado
Once you get a 358 you will wonder why you didn't get one sooner. Loaded with a 225 grain Sierra BTGK and go have fun
A BLR in 358 demands a premium in OZ If'n you can get one.
Bob
They command a premium here in the states also. In a new rifle only Browning offers it in a BLR even then you usually have to order and wait. others do low volume special runs from time to time. Otherwise you may stumble upon one at a gun show but even then they will not be cheap. Seems those that have them tend to hang onto them.

Lots of options, pick one you like....i like the m-70 fwt, A Ruger fwt, I have a Savage 99 FWT in 308 for horseback trips 1950ish model..as I have several bolt actions in 270 and 30-06 fwts in prre 64 win fwt..

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You can't go wrong with a Ruger Hawkeye Hunter in .308 Win!
Ruger 308 Win.jpg

I love the .308 Win. Pair it up with a Browning BLR and it becomes the perfect rifle for me. I may just have it buried with me when I die! I love my bolt rifles too but that little lever is just made to hunt. In the bottom pic it’s paired up with my Browning X-Bolt in 7mm-08. Can’t go wrong with it either by the way.
IMG_0637.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

@Tintin
Sow does Howa. Now that's in my beer income range. Will shoot just as well as the Rigby and kill game just as dead just not as pretty but then again neither am I.
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Bob
No flies on the Howas (y)

Howa Super Light comes in at less than 5 lbs with a 20” threaded barrel and Picatinny rail for about $1300 USD.

Should be able to keep it under the 3 kg limit even with a scope and rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!