Sable Pictures

Hi Chaps,

Thought you might be interested in some very serious Sable that I put onto my clients over the past couple of years. They were taken in my communal concession in the Kafue. The first shot by Brad Cromeens has incredible girth and I have never come across anything like it again. Brad named it the fence post bull. The second taken by Steve Rogers measure 4 feet 2 and a half inches. Work that one out.

Screenshot2013-09-07at022300_zpsd0087e1c.png


Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png

Great Bulls.

The second looks like the arches at McDonalds!
 
Great Sable. Never seen one in a thorn environment. Where was it taken?
 
Great Sable. Never seen one in a thorn environment. Where was it taken?

Thank you. He was taken In Limpopo, near the Botswana border, not far from where the Crocodile River and Limpopo River come together. Story goes that I needed to hunt and kill this exceptionally arrogant Sable because he killed another mature Sable, possibly a second, and had also been expanding his territory by fighting other Bulls... My PH sarcastically quipped that I was the perfect match for this Bull! He was taken in a clearing with one shot behind the shoulder from my SAKO .375 H&H. He reared and ran 50 yards back in to the thorny bushveld... Heart shot.

IMG_1622.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
nighthawk nice trophy .those horns stay thick all the way.

I am very pleased. Truth is, I shot before I even looked at his horns. I was told well in advance by Riaan, my trusted PH, that I would be happy and to shoot when the opportunity presents itself... I did, and was!
 
Beautiful sable NIGHTHAWK, very nice!
 
gets me tingling all down the spine.
cant wait to see these black bueaties......

Sounds like a great hunt bluey. I'm looking forward to reading all about it. You will probably teach me some more knew words.o_O Who knows, those 44's may have grown to 46.(y)

All the best.
 
bloody oath ,young fella , ive been infatiuatated, with sable far as long as l can remember.
between that and Zambia as a hunting destination ,its something ive thought about for ever
Zambia is virtually an unheard of country where im from .
all mystic and euphoric.......
after that I want to do Tanzania and etheopia.in the next 7 years
the big inches are good but the character and experience are far more ,what im looking for .
 
Z
bloody oath ,young fella , ive been infatiuatated, with sable far as long as l can remember.
between that and Zambia as a hunting destination ,its something ive thought about for ever
Zambia is virtually an unheard of country where im from .
all mystic and euphoric.......
after that I want to do Tanzania and etheopia.in the next 7 years
the big inches are good but the character and experience are far more ,what im looking for .


A Zambia hunt is probably 2-3 years out for me.

What month are you going?

Are coordinating your trip to be there when Mike is there? I am sure they will get you one with plenty of character!

Will you be doing any Zambezi fishing?

If you haven't seen them, make sure and see the falls!
 
September next year im planning , nothing written in stone yet.
want to go tigerfishing afterwards,wheels. (im looking for hints on lures and rod reel setups)
I certainly hope the spikes family will be there when I go , I want to put a face to the name that hangs so much shit on me , on here and in emails .
don't know if we will get to see the falls ,this time , I havnt seen them before .
ive read a lot of stories of their magnficance.(y)(y)
 
, I want to put a face to the name that hangs so much shit on me , on here and in emails .
don't know if we will get to see the falls ,this time ,

:LOL: and here is an upside down one for you!! :ROFLMAO: :p and if we got time we can fly down for a look at the falls they are worth seeing
 
September next year im planning , nothing written in stone yet.
want to go tigerfishing afterwards,wheels. (im looking for hints on lures and rod reel setups)
I certainly hope the spikes family will be there when I go , I want to put a face to the name that hangs so much shit on me , on here and in emails .
don't know if we will get to see the falls ,this time , I havnt seen them before .
ive read a lot of stories of their magnficance.(y)(y)


Sounds like great fun! I certainly want to hear all about it.

Just don't go fishing with Spike the day dam breaks. You may end up in Madagascar, then your flights won't match up.:eek::ROFLMAO:
 
Just additional information, it's a Matetsi sable antelope.

That is stunning sable, you should be proud!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,820
Members
169,419
Latest member
CassieBend
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top